Tuesday, April 05, 2005

5km rainy morning run

Ventured out with some trepidation this morning and started running at a comfortable pace to test out my one-off theory re stomach pain. Sure enough, no pain... did about 5km I think which is the longest I've ever been able to make myself run on my own for. I have so much respect for the other newbies who always run on their own and increase their distances... generally speaking, I hate doing it solo... if it wasnt for running with friends/groups I don't think I'd ever have been able to increase my time/distance.

Feeling a little bit better today about things post this mornings effort... I can't believe how miserable I get when I don't run/exercise... the endorphins really give me a sense of well being, level me out and make me feel capable of getting things back on track. First on the list is losing the couple of kgs I've put on :( Then there's working out a plan of action so I'm ready for the gold coast half in time (or at least, able to stagger accross the finish line!)

I'm currently debating whether to do the mooloolaba tri run or not - other commitments have come up and they come first :( technically I may be able to squeeze it in if it's early in the morning, but I'd have to be in north bris by 2pm so it's not looking very dooable, unfortunately. Funny that it was my goal race and my reason for even starting running - I think the GC half has sort of eclipsed it so I shall aim for that, instead.

1 comment:

Aki said...

Hannah, you're goal race was more so the distance I think, and hey, you've already done that! In a race too. :) Now the main concentration will be the half for you. Great going with no pain!