Sunday, April 17, 2005

10km in 59:30 - PB!

This morning I went and did the West End run. I decided last night that I wouldnt take my watch and that I'd just relax and run it on how I felt along the way. I'm still sore from PT on thursday and my legs were really heavy. The first couple of km were nasty, set out too fast and had to remind myself that I wasn't doing the usual 5km and had twice as far to go.

After a while I sort of got into a regular pace. I slowed to a walk to get a mouthful of water (rather than it going straight up my nose which is what happens when I try and do it as I'm running) and by 7km had a slight fight with myself to keep going... which I did....

AND I BROKE 60 MINUTES!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOO !!!!!!!

4 comments:

Aki said...

!!! One major goal achieved, and now I have some serious work to do! Go Hannah, you're exceelent! :)

Robert Song said...

Good news on the time. Also good to see you won the fight with your mind. It is half the battle.

Tesso said...

Great to see you out there yesterday Hannah and to see you crack that 60mins.

Very exciting! Well done.

Clairie said...

That is fantastic Hannah. Sorry I couldn't stay. I got major leg problems and pulled out after 2km.

Went home in disgust. But if I had known there was a PB to celebrate I would have definitely hung around. You looked so comfy running. Well Done.