Friday, April 01, 2005

Food, glorious food? NOT!

Well, this week has pretty much been a running write off! I managed a run on monday, but then one thing after another conspired against me and I couldnt make track or running group and I was just too tired to run this morning. This weekend I'm going camping, so I won't be doing any running then either!

It's been a bit of a nasty week all round really. My mother is back from overseas and I've been house sitting, so I'm temporarily sharing with her while I get myself together and finish my Masters. Which, incidentally why I couldnt run - I finally handed in my thesis yesterday! Literally nearly killed myself getting it ready in time, but it's in! Done! Very happy about it and still waiting for the relief to hit me. Anyway, because I'm sharing the house, I'm also sharing the fridge etc and my mother has every single bad food and eating habit you could ever imagine, bless her. She does no exercise and smokes like a chimney too. (bleh!)

So I've put on 2kgs in the last couple of weeks :( I hate feeling out of control, but that's sort of how I've been feeling. I also feel really stodgy because I havent run or done any exercise this week really. It's only a week and I know it doesnt affect the overall picture, but it's a bit scary to know that I still have those negative relationships with food and eating inside me and that they can resurface again so easily. It's like any other addiction I suppose - you can beat it into submission, but you always have that tendency there, no matter how much time goes by.

Anyway, I'll stop with the depressing reflections on food and get ready to go camping! I so need a break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Hannah re the falling into old eating habits. I haven't lost any weight in the past 3 weeks and since Easter have resorted back into eating some dip, crackers, chips, coke, take-aways. Scary in a way. But I know that you and I can regain focus, both with the eating and the running and that's one of the great things about wanting to improve ourselves. I have faith in my focus and I know you do too.

Unknown said...

You'll be back 'on track' in no time, Hannah...enjoy the weekend camping trip & then start afresh...you've done it before, you can do it again!

Aki said...

And maybe get some runs in on the camp?

Congrats on the thesis! Blasted hard work, surely they take a few kilos off too. :)

It's the eating while doing them which is no good, where are those m&m's anyway?

Unknown said...

Well done getting your thesis in and ONLY gaining 3kg with the challenges you've had.

For next time... how would you prefer to handle your mum visiting (eating wise)?

I agree with the others just refocus and you'll be fine. It's a lapse, not a collapse!