Wednesday, April 13, 2005

(back)track

Tonight I went back to track and it was not pretty... my splits got progressively worse over the 800m, going from about 4:11 for the first attempt to about 4:50 for the fourth. I sat the fifth out by suggestion... I must have looked as good as I felt. Mind you, I hadnt been at track for two weeks and I'm still hefting around my additional 2kg which I still havent managed to lose :( Tonight I felt like I should probably try and lose some more besides. I normally weigh 77kgs and that's only just in the healthy range for my height...I'd be interested to see if getting to say, 70kg (currently sitting on 79!kg) makes a difference.

I've declared next week my week off from everything... I'm really worn out from so much work and uni - even day to day stuff is a bit of a struggle currently and I feel quite miserable. Tonight I had to really fight with myself to keep going and spent the whole time thinking 'why am I doing this to myself?' - I actually feel like I'm getting worse at running overall than better. I know that's just my general state of mental/physical exhaustion talking and after a week off from work/uni I'll feel heaps better. Plus, I got a lecture from a few people who reminded me that you can't expect to improve on every single run....

This (slightly depressing) blog entry has been brought to you by the letter P. As in generally 'd off :) *L*

Normally viewing shall resume shortly :)

6 comments:

Gronk said...

Gee your a hard marker Hanna ! Your doing so well too. Keep it up.

Cirque said...

Hey Hannah
Don't forget to be as kind and supportive to yourself as you are to everyone else.

Anonymous said...

Hannah!
Don't dump on yourself. You are doing exceptionally well. The times will come down in due course... You've got years ahead of you. The idea is to be in it for the long haul, not to burn yourself out with unrealistic expectations.

You go girl!
JC (Joan)

Carolyne said...

We all plateau Hannah, with times, motivation, weight.

The weight could be a gain in muscle not fat (exceptionally common at this stage of your journey). Remember what the others have said and be kind to yourself.

Hang in there!

Aki said...

Hannah, 1 week and you'll be fine, just remember to start running again on the first day of the next 7. I've been depressed from my efforts too, we've all seen it. Keep at it and stay strong.

Unknown said...

A week off sounds in order. Mental health breaks are good! Then resume the exercise and the weight will be fine. I recommend "If not dieting, then what" by Dr Rick Kausman if you haven't already read it. Don't worry about a number on the scales...it's just a number. Look after your healthy lifestyle. This lecture was bought to you by the letter O as in "Omigod Lorna shut up!"