Thursday, April 07, 2005

1:20 Running, Huzzah! 13-14km?

Went to running group last night. For some reason I was full of trepidation after having a week off (thinking the combination of that plus my addition few kgs would make the long run much harder). The good news is that I felt fine - infact, having a week off seems to have done me the world of good - and, because I didnt do track the night before, my legs were really fresh and I had heaps of energy. Before I knew it, we'd hit the hour mark and I ended up carrying on with a few more people for another 20 minutes!

We ended up doing somewhere between 13-14km. If we were doing 6:00 pace then it would've been 13km I think, but hey! It's the furthest distance I've ever run either way. I'm a very happy little vegemite because it made me feel like the half is actually within my grasp. Tracey (another runner in the group) and I run at pretty much exactly the same sort of pace and times, and we're both doing the half - so we've decided we've set a little time goal for ourselves - we'll aim to complete the half in under 2 hours.

I got on the scales this morning to find I'd lost a kilogram too. Huzzah! Now I can go to see my Personal Trainer tonight not feeling quite as guilty! *L*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Huzzah for you, Hannah! Sure hope that a few days off has the same good results for me as it has for you; I always imagine my legs won't know what to do!

Thanks for your encouragement for Sunday & will let you ( and the whole world) know all about it next week!

Robert Song said...

I see no reason why you can't do the half given that run. Gold Coast would be ideal.

Also I have always thought the most important training session in my week was the rest day!

Anyway well done.

Aki said...

I'm definately in awe. That's great Hannah, the weight will fly off running like that too!