Sunday, February 27, 2005

West End 5km - Time ?

Went and did the West End 5k this morning. Almost opted for 10, but decided that may have been a little optimistic and stayed with 5. Wanted to see if I'd improved since last time I ran it. Despite the fact that I forgot to look up at the finish clock as I crossed the line, I know that I have gotten better, because I didn't have to walk any of it... I ran the whole thing! Yipee!

The anticipation of waiting for times to be posted on the website is going to drive me nuts. I feel like I went quite a bit faster than the tready, but you never can tell! I even passed a few people (although, they were doing 10km I think, so were going at a steady pace). Saw quite a few people from running group which was nice - great to have people to chat with afterwards!

There were stacks of CR's there this morning too - I finally met Clairie who did an awesome time, saw Tesso again, met Eddie and Karisma. There was also a very beautiful looking man in a CR singlet I grinned and waved at (having finally had the courage to start running in my CR gear!) I can't remember his name, but he was down from up the coast. I'm sure if I was running behind him, I could do a marathon without even blinking. Talk about carrot on a stick!

*Ahem* Sorry. I shall stop perving, now.

Anyway, it was a lovely morning. It made me look forward to starting with the Carrollers next week... I'm not naturally a morning person, but I do like that time of day... the morning light and sunshine, the cleaness of a new day. Very refreshing and peaceful.

After the run, I went for a swim. My distances are just pathetic in the pool after running, so I'm going to have to work on that if I've got any hope of getting any better for the Tri at the end of the year!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Fantastic effort Hannah - all that hard work at Boot Camp has made you tough! And I can't wait to see your result either.

Oh, and I'd hazard a guess that was Little Kirloo in the CR singlet ;-)

Clairie said...

Yes it must have been Lil Kirloo. Who knew a headband could be so sexy :)
I think I performed really well everytime I passed him lol.

I invited him to coffee with us but he took off, must have been terrified as I was just oogling at him stretching. Hope he knew the 'other' man with me was my husband ha ha

Excellent run Hannah. The best ones are those without a watch/time record. Then you just follow the way you feel and not even worry about time.