Saturday, February 05, 2005

Late night, Early Start!

Went out for drinks with people from Bootcamp last night, which was fun. Got in at 1am and then got up and was at my Personal Training session for 8.30am. Ow. Did a really intense weights session and I know tomorrow is going to be reallyyy painful!

My trainer and I decided that after thursday (the last bootcamp day for me) I'm going to have a few days off, possibly a week. Mentally, I feel sluggish when I don't do exercise of some sort at least every other day but I think it's definitely time to give myself the opportunity to recover!

In answer to the lovely LL's questions about bootcamp, It goes for an hour every morning with a fit test at beginning and end. Each morning starts with stretching and warm up. Then, you do an assault course which is timed. The assault course goes something like:

10 pushups
50m sprint
10 step ups each leg
50m uphill sprint
small set of wooden steps
5 pushups
30m uphill sprint
10 crunches
15m flat sprint
balance beam
20m flat sprint
5 chin ups/5 sec chin up hold
20m flat sprint
10 ab tucks
0.6km(ish) sprint over uneven ground
10 pull ups
30m all out flat sprint to finish

*L* It sounds huge when I write it out like that, but it isnt quite that bad (though you certainly know you're alive by the end of the circuit!) My best time so far has been 6.32 - hoping to do better next week. My goal was to get down to 6.30, so I'm almost there.

After the assault course, we split up into groups and you do a team activity for about 45mins - usually either hill sprints, long continuous run, obstacle course, weights session, cardio session or kickboxing. After that, you regroup and then they do a group stretch session (and oh, how you need that!) Bootcamp is based on that army approach to exercise, where they really, really push you to your limits and then past them. The trainers include ex navy fitness instructors and triathletes, so they're all really full on! I really like being pushed like that (because I have a tendency to be a bit slack with myself) and so bootcamp really works for me!

My trainer also thinks I should skip running on wednesday night to be in top form on thursday morning... still debating that one with myself. I love my running group sessions :( but we shall see!


No comments: