Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Assault Course: 6.24! Yeeessss!

I have to concede, my trainer was right - rest days do make for faster times! Took seven seconds off my assault course time this morning and hit my goal of getting under 6.30 by the end! I can feel that I'm faster, because I was sitting on the tails of the fastest boys for most of the way, whereas before they left me in the dust. They all seem to have gotten over their testosterone fuelled competitiveness and developed a newfound respect for me since they discovered I was doing five days a week of bootcamp *L* Typical males.

After the assault course, we did another long slow run. It was so absolutely, horrifically, repulsively humid... disgusting. Couldnt sleep last night either, because of it. I think I broke new records in sweatiness.

Last night I did an easy run - not very far, probably about 3km. I'm absolutely amazed at how much harder I find it to run alone. Maybe that's because it's a little more hilly where I live, as opposed to where I run with the group. But even so, there's nothing huge or anything. I think perhaps I go a bit faster too which makes me tire sooner. I stopped and bought a bottle of water on the way, drank it too fast then, feeling my insides swishing around inside me, promptly got a really bad stitch. Tried breathing on the other foot, which surprisingly, worked!

More and more, I'm think group runs are the go for me to push times and distances.

Final fit test on thursday and shall post all of my results then :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Golly Moses, Hannah! I sure do admire your gutsiness in doing that boot camp deal...AND showing those males a thing or two!

Excuse my asking again, but is boot camp like a training session that you do each day? and then go to work? Or is it one of those live-in camps? Sounds like you're training for active military service! LL