Friday, February 18, 2005

Triathlons and sore foot

Definitely feeling the effects of the run last night! My stomach and thighs definitely know they're alive. More than that though, the outside of my right foot is really sore and hurts when I walk. I didnt do anything to it during the run, so maybe I just stepped awkwardly or something at some point. I'm sure it'll be fine tomorrow.

Tonight I had a personal training session - my first after my recovery week. We reassessed my fitness goals and have now switched into the evil realms of 'endurance training' which is about twice as hard as normal weights training. The weights are much lighter, so you'd think it'd be easier, but you do more repetitions for a longer time. Tonight was the closest I've been to not being able to stand up, let alone walk, after a session in a really long time. My legs, arms and stomach were just pure jelly! I can already tell that in 24 hours time, I'm going to be really really sore. But it'll be worth it.

All the personal trainers are now completely egging me on to do a whole triathlon - probably Noosa. (Steady on chaps, I've not even managed an entire 10km without a couple of walk breaks as yet!) But on reflection, I would like to do it, even if it takes me forever, just to prove to myself that I can. It does however mean some serious training between now and then! argh!

Tony (my trainer) stretched my hip flexors out (ooooowwwwww - they certainly needed it!) and showed me a really good stretch for my hammys. It's an ambition of mine to one day be able to touch my toes. Havent managed it yet, so this is the year for everything! Toes, included!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah, what's this about not touching toes?? Even Chickybabe can do this easily! Bet you can too! Great PT session though! LL

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about stopping and walking. No one cares if you run the whole way they just care that you finish.