Thursday, February 03, 2005

Moving on Up?

I went to running group last night, despite my gammy hip and it turned out to be a lovely run. It was just before a huge thunder storm, so it was really, really humid, but the wind picked up and cooled us all down. Apparently we did about 5km of running. I met another newbie, who is sort of at the same level as me, so I think we may end up training together at various things. She's going to come and do the 5km at the west end with me whenever it's on next and we're both doing the International Womens Day Run :) We're both also more or less ready to try moving up to the next group I think. The beginners is really good and definitely makes me work up a sweat, but I feel that I could keep going when we do walking intervals. I may conk out half way through with the next group or something, but the only way to find out is to try, I guess!

My hip feels better this morning. Not sure if that's because of the anti-inflammatories or not. Definitely an improvement on yesterday which was not a fun experience. Did yet another disgusting time on the assault course this morning - 7.05 - thirty seconds slower than my best.... perhaps I'm going backwards and getting less fit as I go along! Having said that, I know I didnt eat properly last night (got in late, so I just grabbed fruit) and I probably didnt get enough sleep either.... plus, I took it easier because I've got a fit test tomorrow and I want to give my hip the maximum opportunity to recover before that.

Took the plunge and emailed Pat Carroll yesterday about time trials and running group. All the CR's will probably think I'm stalking them! But from reading all these blogs and message boards, he seems to be the man for helping people improve! As soon as these bootcamps are done and dusted at the end of next week, I think I may come to one of the running groups on a tuesday or thursday morning.

No comments: