Monday, May 01, 2006

Thoughts, Plans :)

Spent this morning having a therapy session with some weights at the gym, then had a sauna and vegged out in the aromatherapy room whilst thinking everything through. Onwards and upwards, as they say!

Thankyou all for your comments... they all made sense. Shane, you're right - I do think too much and I'll have to see if I can remedy that situation! Music seems to help :) I'm not going to kill myself by doing huge sudden increases in training, but I am going to try to maximise my chances of improving along the way to the GCM. This means fitting in a bit more yoga, a bit more cardio and really, really trying to drop a few more kgs. One of the ways I can do that is to keep myself very, very busy so that I don't have time to eat more than I should!

I've been thinking about why I haven't been able to lose any more weight in the last few months. It's another one of those annoying things - I managed to lose 50kgs but all of a sudden, now I struggle three times as hard just to move five. Every time I've tried recently, I've come to a grinding halt. No point in making yet more excuses for why that might be... I know what I have to do, I just have to buckle down and do it! So you can all expect copious amounts of food and weight related entries in the next month or so as I try to keep myself honest!

My new job has unsettled my routine a little and so today has been a great opportunity to refocus and work out ways around the occasions where things clash.

The next week look like this. My plan is to see how I go and adjust accordingly:

Mon
am: weights
pm: REST

Tues
am: gym
pm: track session

Weds
am: BodyCombat
pm: Run Inn 15km

Thurs
am: PT session (Weights)
pm: RPM/gym (dep on legs!)

Fri
am: easy 10km
pm: Body Balance

Sat
am: Long Run (3:10) Yoga
pm: REST

Sun
am: Mount Mee 10km
pm: REST

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Wow, I didnt realise you'd lost just so much weight, that is unreal. I wouldnt be surprised if its becoming more difficult now though, its only natural to plateau out from time2time, I think this indicative of most learning/training type things. Do you need to lose anymore anyway, you look pretty good to me :)

Ewen said...

Mount Mee won't be easy after 3:10 on Saturday!

At least on your Half day you managed a standing PB in the high jump ;-)

Cirque said...

Hannah, it must be difficult to lose weight when you're training so hard, because it's difficult to regulate what you should be eating. Remember a few months ago when you had to up your carbs because you were eating too little?

Sounds like you need a good nutrition program to go with your other training.

BTW - thank you so much for my lovely new banner. It's truly gorgeous!!

Shane said...

I was a little concerned when you said about increasing your training, however your pgm seems pretty good a nice mixture of activities. I agree with ewen Mt Mee will be tough after Saturday though.

When you monitor your weight loss, do you just use the scales as an indicator of loss or do you use measurements/skinfolds. Im asking because it is something that can still be done at home and in conjunction with the scales can give you a more accurate indication. As you would be aware, additional training such as more running and weights etc will tend to increase muscle mass and effect your weight more than you think.

Take it easy, might see you Sunday :)

Unknown said...

That's a formidable program, Hannah! Fantastic effort to lose so much extra weight; I'll check back here to read lots more of your food & weight posts!!