Friday, May 12, 2006

Track + 15km + Food Glorious Food...

Wow, I actually went a few days without posting anything! LOL!

Tuesday was track. Reasonable session, only I felt pretty tired from the weekend. Rel came for the first time which was great - we've got such a nice group of people doing track now, it's so much fun. Painful, but fun ;)

Wednesday night was at the club. Tracey decided to run with the shorter group, so I ran with Phil's group and lucky for me, there was a new girl who had just moved up from beginners so I had some company at the back. Still felt tired from the weekend and Phil came back to run us in at the end. Repeated mantra of no-pressure to myself. I've come to terms with the idea that I'm probably going to be closer to five hours in the GCM and am working on not caring ;)

Yesterday, I went and had a PT session and got weighed and measured again. I lost half a cm from my waist, my boobs actually got slightly bigger (hurrah!) and I am down half a kg. I showed Tony my food diary, which apparently wasn't too bad. Though it did have muffins on it,here and there ;) Consequently, I am now following Tony's "Lean Mean Running Machine" diet, which looks like this:

---

BREAKFAST
Wholegrain toast x 2 with 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg
Or
1/3 cup of oats, and serving of Sculpt and skim milk

SNACK
3 Ryvita or Rice Cakes with weight watchers cottage cheese or 85g tuna snack
Or
Sculpt Bar
Or
Sculpt shake on skim milk
Or
1/3 of a can of chick peas with ¼ avocado and 4 cherry tomatoes

LUNCH
Wholegrain sandwich with 125 –150g lean meat (chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon) with salad
(For example – 6-inch subway, no cheese, no sauce, balsamic vinegar is ok)

SNACK
1 piece of fruit and a handful (approx 25g) of almonds
Or
Low fat yoghurt

DINNER
200g of grilled lean meat (steak, chicken, fish) with salad or fibrous veges (no potato, pumpkin, corn)
(For example – Kebabs, mixed grill, meat and vege stir fry, meat and salad)

NOTES
1.Allowed 2 treats per week – 2 pieces of fruit toast on Saturday morning is a good treat, try to have it without butter
2. At least 3 litres of water per day
3. Leave 90 minutes between workout and next meal
4. Alcohol – only 2 drinks per week
5. Must record exactly what was eaten on your Nutritional record sheets

---

It's always interesting talking about nutrition because I learn something every time - this time, I learnt that the porridge I was eating religiously for brekkie is not good for me (I have the flavoured stuff because unflavoured is so nasty without jam/honey/something on it) I also learnt apples after lunchtime aren't good either.

I think I can probably follow this plan. I had the breakfast this morning and liked that. The thing I'm going to struggle with will be drinking 3 litres of water a day. The sculpt stuff is protein powder/bars - I don't always have time or opportunity to eat during my work day, so they're really an easy alternative. I've got to say it's bloody revolting stuff though. One of the worst protein powders I've tried! Oh well! Perhaps it'll grow on me. Haven't tried the bars yet.

Today is a rest day, tomorrow will be a very cruisy 5-10km (if that!) before glasshouse on sunday. I know I keep saying it, but I'm sooooo nervous!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

I love the whole nutrition thing too, got a couple of books on it if ever wanted to borrow them.

Well done on the cm loss, I think thats more indicative than the actual weight sometimes!

Tesso said...

That diet sounds pretty managable and should help maintain good energy levels.

I'd like to know more about the PT stuff you're doing if it results in the boobs getting bigger :-)

Ewen said...

Glad the measurements are going in the right directions Hannah.

Don't be scared of the 30k - have fun!

R2B said...

3 litres of water is 12 standard glasses so 1 glass every hour at work and 4 in the evening will be easy.
Side benfit it will reduce your desire for more food!!

Cheers R2B

Shane said...

That food plan looks quite easy, why dont you try and find a more tasty protein drink? Just look for one that has similar nutritional values.

Good luck with GH, dont be nervous you do a similar distance every week for your long run. Enjoy, I am jealous :)

Lulu said...

The Sculpt bars are good. I often have the apricot and choccie ones. Quite tasty and mainly natural stuff rather.

Cirque said...

Hmmm - he seems to have forgotten that most important food group - alcohol!

Seriously - good luck for this weekend at Glasshouse. I'll be thinking of you and waving those virtual pom poms. We'll have the biggest celebration next week at W!!

Toasty said...

What you are doing is working .... you look great!