Wednesday, May 03, 2006

track and 10k

Woe! I looked at the weekend results tonight and lo and behold, I did worse than I thought. Have built a bridge however and am mostly over it :)

Went to track last night and did a reasonable session. Phil pulled Schultzy and I out one set early for warm down. I was still quite sore yesterday, so I didn't complain. Phil gave me another pep talk which helped. I am immensely stubborn about this whole running lark, it seems... I'm so impatient to get better and improve that I seem to end up being my own worst enemy sometimes! Anyway, I digress...

Woke up this morning feeling less sore, but still tired. The new training plan morning sessions have been absent this week thus far - mostly because I didn't bargain on feeling so bushed from the weekend. I think it's going to take me a few days to recover properly. I'm not too concerned because I know I've got a big weekend coming up with Mt Mee and a long run.

Tonight I ran with the slower group - did about 10km, although they weren't slower at all really. Few people in that that should shift up to the next group. Felt a bit blah about not sticking in with the usual crowd, but I just need some time to find my feet again I think.... some sense of running-equilibrium.

On the plus side, weight loss appears to be going reasonably well.... PT session tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Once you've raced over the distance and also done lots of much longer training runs you forget how much racing a half marathon takes out of you. I make the mistake every time of expecting to bounce back just a couple of days later.

Best of luck for Mt Mee. Which distance are you doing there?

Lulu said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about the half. I really know how you feel, it's so frustrating when you are putting the work in but not getting the results you think you should. Sounds like Phil is looking after you though. Take it easy and it will happen in time. Well done on the weight loss too.. that's harder than running I reckon!

Shane said...

Like Tesso said you dont realise how much racing takes it out of you even when the distance is shorter than your training runs. Taking a few sessions a little easier will do no harm, you will feel better for it.

Cass and I will be parents in 1 week, Scary! more details in my new entry. We will be at Mt Mee on Sunday aswell see ya there.

R2B said...

Just a flat spot...you be over it quick im sure.

R2B