Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mt Mee 10km

My cold seems to be in suspended animation, so I headed out to Mount Mee for the 10km this morning. Tracey, Rel, Ronnie and I carpooled and the trip up was great fun. It's such a beautiful area - really scenic and being a passenger gave me a chance to appreciate the views.

When I woke up, my legs were really, REALLY sore from yesterday's 30km+ and I felt slightly nervous at the prospect of having to run a 'slightly' *cough* hilly 10km. I really didn't care how long it took me or how much I walked and yay for me, Tracey was in the same sort of mood, so we plodded along together, walked up the steepest hills and generally gossiped away the run.

The return route was much easier for some reason, despite it being an out and back course. I think perhaps we had more downhill on the way home. Certainly felt like it, although there were one or two killer hills in there too. Arrived back at 'base camp'
at about 1:07 *LOL* but as I say, this new no-pressure strategy of mine seems to be working because I couldn't have cared less!

The scenery on the run was fantastic and the company great - It was nice to do a run that was comfortable like that (it's been a while!) My legs were feeling it, but the walks up the worst hills took the edge off. I can remember when doing 10km two days in a row used to kill me, so today was a good chance to count my blessings :)

Also got a chance to have a chat with Karen (CR Karisma) which was lovely *waves* - I haven't seen much of her lately with all the races around the place. She is such a calm person and through the things she says, reminds me why I love to run and why the journey is just as important as the finish line :)

Incidentally, it seems half of you keep getting redirected to bible websites via my blog URL! As Tanky says, maybe I'm being targetted, LOL! Not that I'm getting all conspiracy theory or anything, but funny they hone in on the resident pagan CR blogger! LOL! Is it happening to any of you?

And to answer Tess (I think it was Tess who asked!) question - I'm doing the 30km at Glasshouse and I'm quite scared *grins*

According to my new revamped Tony-PT-esque training schedule, tomorrow is a 5km recovery run followed by 20 minute swim.

Hope you all had a fab weekend :)

7 comments:

Lulu said...

A good weekend's running Hannah. I'm sure the new relaxed you will go from strength to strength. I saw Tess on Friday night and she said you were looking fantastic. Hope to see you myself soon!

Shane said...

Great to see you being all relaxed and not stressing about the race today Hannah.

You done well after yesterdays effort, you are very lucky to have a good bunch of mates ( Tracey, Ronnie) amongst others to run with, it makes it that much more enjoyable

Happy Training :)

CJ said...

Hi Hannah - catching up on my blog reading as I am so out of touch with everything happening in blogland!

Wow - planning on doing the 30km! Excellent! When is it?

Tamyka Bell said...

I drove to Woodford via Mt Mee once and it is indeed beautiful. As for your relaxed approach - one of my favourite sayings is that you have to be able to run slow if you want to run fast. It sounds dumb but if you think of all the best runners we know - they run with us sometimes. They take the time out to just enjoy the day while running, instead of focussing only on the goal. They warm up and don't worry about whether people pass them. It's not about not caring... it's just about enjoying running for how it feels and where it takes you, rather than how quickly you get there.

Ewen said...

No, it's just you Hannah. It must be the sermons you preach to others about having faith in running and overcoming injuries!

Tesso said...

Gee, what a fab weekend of running you've had.

I imagine its a nice easy week now leading up to the Glasshouse. A word of warning, look out for invisible sticks to fall over (a-la Lizzle). And also beware of mud puddles to fall flat on your face in (a la Tesso) while turning around laughing at running buddies falling over invisible sticks.

Chelle said...

I think Tess has some real words of advice there (not sure if they're invisble words or not though! :) )
Well done and good luck for the weekend.