Thursday, May 25, 2006

Crap Track but Fabulous Run!

Morning, my fellow lovely bloggers! I seem to be full of the joys of spring today :)

Monday, I decided I'd earnt a rest day after a big weekend and so I skipped my swim. It was also due to the fact that I'm currently snowed under at work!

Tuesday, I ventured back to track. Felt fantastic, but as soon as I started strides, I knew my body wasn't so keen - my left hammy was wound so tight it wasn't pleasant. It didn't hurt exactly, but it meant that I kept veering to the left and getting in front of the girls next to me. You'd think this would be an advantage at track where you're going round and round and round - but alas, not! I ended up doing one set and then calling it a night. I considered carrying on despite the hammy, but Phil told me he'd shout at me if I did, so I didn't *L*

Last night I went to do my medium long run with the group. I still felt bloody fantastic and despite some reservations on how my hammy would go, I had the best run there that I've had in ages. I didn't run at the back, I didn't fall off the back - infact, I stayed right at the front for the entire run and then felt I could've carried on afterwards!

I do love runs like that - everything comes together, breathing is great, lots of energy and body following through. I came home on such a high... I don't want to tempt fate but I feel a little like everything is starting to come together :) It's like peaks and troughs - you have a few weeks of feeling awful, then your body just adjusts and you feel great. I think I've finally shaken off the bug that was making me feel run down and am now buzzing.

This morning I had a PT session which was hard but I still feel fantastic. My mind feels clear and the GCM is on it's way. Phil jiggled the last few weeks of my program around, so now I'm looking towards a 5km TT on the weekend, 3:00 run on the weekend - the next week is Doomben Half and then there's a 20 mile BRRC meet (where I'll add on the extra to make it 3:30) then I'm almost on a taper!

WoOhoO!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Aren't those runs were everything is perfect just the best. Sounds like you are still on a high from it!

Not sure if I will get out of work on time to run Saturday so maybe it will just see you at brekky.

Cirque said...

Fantastic Hannah! I'm so glad to hear you say that. It's really great that you're reaping the benefits of all your hard work.

Chelle said...

Excellent Hannah, you're working so hard and its defintely paying off... see you in the morning for 3 hours

Ewen said...

Have a good 5k Hannah - just pretend you're in a groundhog 1500 at Warwick.