Tuesday, May 16, 2006

blisters, pictures and weight loss

This is one of the 'orange wall' piccies ;) I really want the high resolution copy so I can get it blown up. Everytime I look at it I grin stupidly ;)

I have the biggest, most painful blister from the weekend. It covers almost my entire little toe and goes between my toes. I've got two bandaids on it and I'm still limping! I'm hoping my trainers are a bit more comfortable than my work shoes but we'll see! Except for my nasty blister, I'm not as sore as I thought I would be actually. My hips ache a bit when I first stand up, but it's bearable. I went for a recovery swim last night which helped matters too.

Tonight is track and I don't know quite how I'm going to go, but we shall see! If I pick up okay, doing every event on the weekend is starting to look appealing (at the moment, I've just entered the saturday runs) I now have to go to a work function friday evening, so I'm debating whether to drive down late or just go saturday morning.

Weight loss continues - another half a kg gone :) yay! The diet is going okay, although I've been avoiding the protein shakes *grins* am still working on 3L of water a day though (do you think diet coke counts? *wicked grin* shhhh!

4 comments:

Shane said...

I know that you are joking about the coke, but I thought Id share what the Doc told Cass over the weekend. She said that whatever amount of soft drink you consume you deduct that quantity off your total fluid intake. So with an intake of 3L of water & 1 bottle of soft drink this will = 2.4L for the day. I have never heard that before, doesn't sound scientific but interesting.

You should have a night off from speedwork, you dont want those blisters to effect the weekend.

Also im a bit late but congrats on the GH run you done awesome, and thankyou very much for the wonderful comments on my blog :)

Tesso said...

What a great pic! Definitely worth framing.

I'm pleased you are recovering so well. You'll have to tell me your secret, I had my worst ever recovery from that GH 30k and I wasn't even racing it.

Not that I want to be a 'bad' influence on you but don't forget what I said about the follow car at Warwick :-)

Cirque said...

Lovely picture H. Don't you just love the support you get from other runners? It's the only thing that keeps me going!

Tamyka Bell said...

Yay Hannah! I was so disappointed that I never saw you out there, guess I was too slow. Looking forward to seeing you at Warwick, though.