Wednesday, March 01, 2006

pulse rates, track and plans

Resting Pulse Rate: 48

I'm being good and trying to remember to take my pulserate every morning! We'll see how I go - it's lower than the last time I took it! I'm assuming that's good.. should really read some more about it..

Went to track last night - we did a heap of different sorts of exercises and various sprint tempo type runs. I enjoy those sessions much more than the usual 400m/800m lap arrangements. I think it's improving the way that I run, too. Good session anyway and definitely got me sweating!

Angie wants to find my blog so she can read all about my little mission to beat her *grins* I'm enjoying training with her at track and things - despite our respective competitive streaks, we're mates which makes it all the more fun!

Tonight is medium long run and I'm feeling quite scared because it's apparently going to be a tough session again with hills of doom! (everyone said the last one was nasty!) hopefully I'll continue to feel as good as I have been, tonight! argh! LOL!

All up, this week has looked/looks like this:

Monday: Social Run
Tues: Track
Weds: Medium Long Run
Thurs: Weights/Swim/Bike
Fri: Rest
Sat: Long Run 2:20 (Tracey and I are going to run Mt Cootha as part of that)
Sun: Womens Day 5km + swim

4 comments:

miners said...

Hope the Women's Day run on the weekend is fun for you Hannah. Must check my resting heart rate too - you're right, if you're getting it lower, then you're definitely getting fitter.

Just don't let it reach zero - then you've gone just a little too far

Tesso said...

Its great to have somebody like Angie to 'compete' against, it makes both of you so much stronger. That's why I love our speed sessions, they are pretty crowded at times but that means there's always someone to stir up or to stir me up!

CJ said...

You are getting fitter Hannah and looking at what you've done this week, I can see why!

Good luck for Sunday's run.

Ewen said...

It's exciting to read you're improving 'how' you run Hannah.

In the long term, that will make a big difference to your speed at all distances.