Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Break on through to the other siiiidddeeee :)

Monday:

Went out to Sandgate for the social run. Hammys were a tad achey from the 21km the day before. Did 8km at five something pace which surprised me because it felt wayyyy slower. Nice to run right next to waves crashing against the walkway, very dramatic (if slightly damp on occasion!) After 5km, soreness and tiredness started to fade slightly and was able to pick it up and even ended in a sprint finish (where on earth did that come from?) Ha! *grins*

Tuesday:

Track session - felt like poo, but ignored my legs and carried on. Think I was a bit slower than usual, but tiredness probably to blame! We did drills again - I love those, and the strides at the start too... zooming along is so satisfying :) It's the continuous laps with jog recovery that I dislike!

Mysteriously, also managed to chafe the inside of my right calf muscle... I must run with my feet closer together when I'm tired or something - never managed it before! If I'm hitting one leg with the other, makes me wonder why my left one wasn't chafed too! Either that, or perhaps my calves are getting fatter? LOL!

Today and Tonight

Went into the city today and to my delight, found rebel sports was having a massive sale - loads of running gear reduced and then an extra 50% off the reduced price! Hence, running tops, shorts and bra-tops (brooks, addidas, nike, aasics etc) for $20-30! Mens stuff too, so well worth a trip for brissiefolk, I reckon! (hear my bank manager scream - but at least I look funky and for a fraction of the normal price!)

Was feeling really apprehensive about tonight, considering I've been running five days in a row without a break. That said, I think I'm finally starting to feel the results of all the extra effort I've been putting in - tonight's run was soooo much easier. Had a sense of things starting to just click into place. Phil said we weren't really going any slower than previous weeks - but there were less hills. Anyway, woohoo, definitely a breakthrough night. Finished feeling like I could've carried on and almost did a small victory dance because yes, get this - I finally managed to stay with the pack!! Without crying or hyperventilating, either ;)

So all in all, I'm feeling quite pleased with myself tonight - I didn't realise just how much I needed to have a 'good' run and even though sunday didn't work out quite the way I wanted, I felt good then too, so really that makes two good runs this week :)

Absolutely blissful not to feel like I had concrete feet :) We sorted our gold coast accommodation tonight as well and it's all feeling a bit more real and getting exciting :) Can't wait!

Happy Me :) (endorphin'd up)

5 comments:

Tamyka Bell said...

I LOVE shopping for running gear. The other week I did really well and got some delivered in the mail. AND some cycling gear. I'd paid for it so long ago that it felt like a present!

I'm glad to hear your running is going well for you. You're such a gem. You deserve to achieve all your dreams.

Tesso said...

Faaaaantastic Hannah! Isn't is such a great feeling when you have one of those weeks. Sounds like getting on that Phil pgm was the best thing.

TA and the Gnome said...

Hannah, when you're chafing the inside of your right calf, can I guess that you were doing a track session and running anti-clockwise?

Congrats the the endorphin week. They make the work worthwhile, don't they? :-)

Gnome

R2B said...

Great going Hannah your really racking up the ks!

Ewen said...

That's a great breakthrough Hannah. Everything clicking and it feeling easier. I think you're getting somewhere.