Thursday, March 09, 2006

Equine Eating + medium long run

Last night saw me do my hardest medium long run in ages... a lot of the fast people were away on taper for six foot, so some of their running buddies decided to take it easy and run with our group. Consequently, we set out on what was quite a decent pace for Tracey and me and before long we found ourselves really having to work to keep up. Before long, we were a way behind - particularly with the hills! It's always an awkward situation when that happens because people start having to wait at drink stops for us and things, but to my mind, they were all going quicker than usual anyway ;)

We basically ran from Enoggera, out to the city, back through the rear of Spring Hill, through QUT in Kelvin Grove (where I work) and then back along Kelvin Grove Road, through Newmarket to Enoggera, with a slight loop back to the shop. Phil told us we were only going to be doing 75 minutes, but I think it was a little bit longer than that!

I'm feeling quite tired this morning - I've got PT this afternoon. I hope he doesn't want to do legs or I may just keel over!

Since I started the marathon training, I've been eating like an absolute horse. I'm hungry so often and so I'm eating almost probably twice what I would normally eat. Partly I started eating more because Phil told me off a few weeks ago *grins* and so my weight consequently went up three kgs. Then after a while it stabilised, and now it's going back down, even though I'm still eating tons! It actually got me wondering if I was eating enough before! Sounds weird in that I was still overweight on eating less, but I guess you need energy to fuel your body, in order to push yourself harder...

Fascinating though and I'm LOVING eating more... Quite tempting to stay in training indefinitely actually, purely for the side benefit ;) (ha, just kidding!)

2:30 long run on saturday :)

3 comments:

Cirque said...

I'm not surprised you're hungry, that's a LONG run!

Shane said...

You done well on Wednesday, you shouldn't feel like you are holding the group back. I was a bit annoyed about how the group didn't wait for everybody to have an adequate rest at the drink stops.

If the faster people join a group below their level then they should run to the level of that group. At times I did increase the pace on some sections of the run, however I was not in any way trying to encourage the group to run faster. I knew where the drinks stops were and it didn't concern me at all about the duration of the drink stops.

I think that the regulars of each group should be the pace setters any gate crashers like myself that join the group must run to that level, if they are not happy run with another group or by themselves.

Sorry for the long comment, enjoy your long run on Saturday, see ya at West End. :)

R2B said...

and just think because your metabolic rate is up your losing weight even when your not training...how good is that?