Monday, February 27, 2006

7km Social Run

Went and did the social run out at Sandgate tonight with Tracey. When I got there, felt quite sore and sorry for myself but once we got going, I felt better and better and felt like I could've carried on! We were going at a slow pace but it was really comfortable, we chatted as we went and even the hills didn't really phase me. I love runs like that, where it feels good and you just look like one big moving grin :)

I think I'm finally starting to feel the benefit of all the runs I've been doing lately - I'm back on track, recovering better and better, the more-carbs approach seems to be doing wonders for me (and I can train loads harder because of it) and consequently, I'm feeling really excited about the next few months.. they're full of events and perfect running weather :) *contented sigh* ah, happiness is!

Talked to a few people tonight about coming down to Sydney for the C2S this year. It'll depend on my finances, but I'd love to do it :) Get a chance to meet some more of my fellow CRs!

In fact, all I have to do is try and find someone who wants to swap their volunteer shift at BRRC for the half mara champs next weekend and my life will be complete ;) Everyone I would ask is on the longer run shifts anyway! Maybe I'll just have to grin and bear it and do my long run in the afternoon or something! Not the end of the world ;)

5 comments:

Tesso said...

C2S - how exciting!!! Its such a ball. Once you've done it you just don't want to miss another one.

Good luck finding someone to switch at BRRC. Hmmmm, do we know of anybody who's injured at the moment????

Lulu said...

I hope you do come down for C2S. It will be great to see you here.

miners said...

How could you contemplate NOT coming to C2S Hannah? Just jump in the back of Karisma's or Tess' luggage and get yourself down here for it!

Best race of the year, bar none :)

TA and the Gnome said...

What they ^^^^ said (plus a bit more). It'd be great to see you down here. I love that race, there's nothing else like it :-)

Gnome

Aki said...

Do some hurdling before doing C2S, it came in handy for me!

You've improved so much, it'd be great if you could do that half, a sub 2 hours is not far away for you at all!