Monday, March 13, 2006

bits and pieces - weights session

Having a non-running day today. Am just about to head off to the gym to do some weights. The week looks like this:

Monday - Weights
Tuesday - Speedwork
Weds - Medium Long Run
Thurs - Weights/swim
Fri - swim/bike
Sat - Long Run (2:30 - week 2 of 3 wk plateau)

This week I'm going to do my best to sort out my eating again... there has to be a middle ground here somewhere for carbs, surely! LOL! Phil emailed me too after reviewing my program, to tell me I hadn't put enough plateau weeks between the blocks of increasing long runs, so this week will be week 2 of 3, running 2:30. (shh, but I actually did 2:40 on saturday! oops!)

This means I've now completed the first of the four training blocks! A quarter done, Woo! I'm thinking each quarter is going to get progressively harder from here on out ;)

I've also just counted my kms for last week and I ran 50kms! (how much better do I feel than that week where I did 60km and almost killed myself?) If I stick to target, I'm on track for a 200km month at least :)

I'm thinking I shall have to suspend judgement on the glasshouse idea until after the GCM... there's lots of time to decide and as you guys say, I could always do the 30km to see how I feel..... so watch this space ;)

To answer some of the questions/comments you lovely bloggites left, too:

Shane asked
just wondering what races if any are you planning to do before the GCM. Brisbane 1/2 - full, Warwick, Queensland 1/2?

I'm definitely going to do the Brisbane 1/2 and the Queensland Half, along with the longer BRRC runs... not sure about Warwick (depends on finances!) although it's very tempting because everyone says it's so much fun!

Clairie you looked fine in that running outfit! Happy to swap *L*I'd love to be able to get my belly out but I think I might take sideswipe someone if I let it loose! Besides, no one looks glam when they run! If you did, you wouldn't be working hard enough ;)

Oh, and on another note entirely, I was reading back through some of my old blog entries from this time last year. This time last year, I'd just run my first 10km race without stopping, ever ;) The month before saw my first 5km race ever. How time flies!

2 comments:

Shane said...

You must be amazed at the progress you have made in the past year. To go from running your first 5k race just over a year ago to completing various 1/2 marathons , Kurrawa relay and Caboolture Six Hour to name a few is an outstanding achievement.

Thanks for answering my question, Yes Warwick is a great event something very different, my favourite run to date.

Tamyka Bell said...

Warwick is the cheapest event you can do! It's like $50 or so for five races, dinner on Saturday night is only gonna cost $5 or so, breakfasts are included after the morning runs, and you can camp for $10 per night. What could be better?!