Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Track

Really tough track session tonight - it was so humid, it was revolting. By the end, my singlet was clinging to me in that highly unattractive, soaked-right-through sort of way. I quite like the ugly sessions though - they make me feel like I'm doing some of the grunt work to get me where I want to go. I'm more scared of the medium long run tomorrow night. Phil seems to be on an evilness kick lately, because so many of us are training for specific events.

We did a series of drills and sprints which I really enjoy. Much better than plain 400/800m sets. Again, I feel more and more that it's changing my form for the better. Track emphasises technique and also the results of applying it better - if you move your body more effectively, your next sprint improves. We've been doing all manner of stuff, including walking sideways, lunges and accelerating to full speed over set distances. As well as the obligatory nasty longer sprints (800m or so, but different routes around the oval)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I like those sorts of sessions too.. makes you feel good. I found my form improved when I was doing track; hopefully I'll be able to go back to it again soon!