Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Track and 14km Medium Run

Thankfully, this weeks track session and medium run were a bit kinder to me ;) Seems Phil actually reads my blog from time to time *LOL*

Track involved more drills which I really like - short sharp sprints and various strides and pick ups. Hard work but fun. Then tonight we had slightly less fast run than last week (thank the gods!) but it did include some nasty nasty hills. Anyway, I feel like I coped slightly better. Didn't get too far behind the others (though I think the hanging-with-the-pack theory will take some more work yet!

Operation Anti-Wobble has fallen by the way side in the last couple of weeks but is now firmly back in place. Only trouble is that I'm right back where I started before plus two kgs but better to get back on the wagon now, than not at all or in another 2kgs time. So, watch this space ;) I'll get to 70kgs before I run the GCM if I have to gaffa tape my mouth shut, dammit! LOL!

Actually, that just means I set myself another goal, doesn't it? I've never actually set myself an exact 'ideal weight' before! Ooooo no ;) Another challenge ;)

Also had my four (actually fifth though) week 'check up' with Phil tonight too - apparently, in my eagerness to run longer, not only had I forgotten to put in plateaus at the end of each five week block of increased long runs, but I hadn't put in shorter run too (ie - in this block each week I did 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30 then the plateau with another two 2:30s) I thought this week I was due to do 2:40 but apparently, I'm supposed to drop to 2:20 to give my body an easy week before increasing again. I had thought that was what the plateau was for, but nope! I have to admit, I'm a bit miffed cos this weekend is the 7- 35km self select at the West End and I really want to do a looonnnggg run (just to see if I can!) but I'll be good, follow my program and not disobey my master ;)

Aside from that, everything is going okay.. am thinking of slowly adding in a few more crosstraining sessions to the weekly program so some days I'll train twice a day (no running twice a day though! bugger that! LOL!)

So, plans for the next fortnight now look like this:

Monday - Weights (done!)
Tuesday - Track (done!)
Wednesday - Medium Run 14km 120mins
Thurs - PT and swim
Friday - REST DAY
Sat - 5km TT (fingers crossed for PB!)
Sun - 2:20 at BRRC + Swim
Monday - Swim + Social Run 10km
Tuesday - Bike + Track
Wednesday - Swim + Medium Run
Thurs - Bike + Weights
Fri - REST DAY
Sat - 2:40 (I think!)
Sun - Surfing maybe... swim/weights

I'm starting to think I might actually break 200kms for the month! Woo!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

That's a hectic schedule you've got there Hannah! Go for it, and get your 200kms!

Tesso said...

Hopefully see you at West End Sunday Hannah. If it makes you feel better I'll be lining up for the 7k (all going well) and will be loving every inch of it.

Love the new banner!

Jen said...

Wow. Huge schedule Hannah. Love the new blog header by the way...