Sunday, April 02, 2006

2:30 Long Run

I think I'm starting to settle in to having to do my long runs alone. I've set them up so that at least I finish at about the same time as the other running buddies and can have brekkie with them, so I guess it's not really like I'm all alone! LOL!

Ran down to New Farm again and did a loop around the powerhouse. Tried to find my way further down (towards the gateway) but couldn't work out how the roads joined up. I'll have to look at a map for next time. Got to my last turn around in record time (like, 15 minutes quicker than last time?) which was quite bizarre! Slightly annoying because it means I end up joining time on to the end of the route, but I'm not complaining! Faster running = very good.

I feel a little bit like I've finally shifted out of second gear and into third. Hopefully I can continue feeling this good, though I suspect that as I progress through my program, there'll be times where my body has to catch up to itself again. That's what the plateaus are for no doubt! This was week 8 of 20 - approaching half way point! Scary, exciting stuff ;) Next week I finally start upping the times until I hit 3:10 and my next plateau.

Bumped into Tess at Brekkie and wished her luck for Canberra - she was just off to the physio to get the prognosis on running the big M. I hope everyone who is running it does fabulously... I can't wait to see how you all go!

3 comments:

Shane said...

How did your retail therapy go, did you get your Ipod? If not you will certainly need it for your up and coming runs, 3.10 is a long time by yourself.

I just noticed your mileage, 198K for the month, well done. Just curious was it a miss calculation or you just didn't worry about the 2k to crack the 200. Sorry to remind you if it was an error :)

Tesso said...

Not only were you running well yesterday Hannah but you looked fab. Luv your new gear!

Thanks for the good luck wishes, they're gonna come in handy.

Lulu said...

2.30 is a great run. It is hard on your own but is some ways I quite enjoy it. Gives me some time to think!