Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Woo - Up a group at Run Club!

11km group run tonight. We all started out as one giant group and because I was feeling pretty sore and sorry for myself after PT yesterday, I thought I would once again stick with the slowest group. We got about 4km in and they dropped off the back as we were going down a bike path and before I knew it I’d accidentally run off with the faster group! Oops!

I’ve been planning to move up a group for ages and so I decided tonight that the universe was giving me a little nudge so I carried on with them and thought I’d just see how I went. Surprisingly, it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be – although I was with the slowest of the faster people. Amusingly, about 3km from home, the same thing happened again and I accidentally ran off with the next fastest group up – though they were nice enough to slow down a bit for me so I could keep up on the home straight.

Also saw Angie who was still lamenting Friday’s TT effort – she’s decided I beat her because I had a shorter warm up run. So I’m now mightily tempted to go to the Run Inn 5km TT on Saturday instead of the Running Buddies, purely because I know she’ll be there and I want to have another crack just to see if I can do it again. Maybe the warm up did have something to do with it. Who knows? Only one way to find out! Plus, Sam is away this week and Schultzy is doing the 5k TT so I don’t know if there’ll be anyone near my pace to run with at the Running Buddies this week anyway.

The very lovely Tracey gave me a book she saw on training for Marathons (by Hal Higdon) tonight! She's so sweet :) I'm trying to tempt her into training for the Gold Coast with me, but so far I've not had any luck. Give me time though ;)

I’m going to stay with friends on Saturday night, so I’m still tossing up whether I’ll be up to the West End 7km on Sunday.

3 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Greeat run Hananh - sounds like you even surprised yourself!

Jen said...

I'm glad the universe gave you a nudge. GG is right; barriers generally only exist in our mind.

J.

Tesso said...

Wow Hannah, what a big week you've had in my absence :-)

Its kinda fun to have some friendly rivalry with fellow runners isn't it. The difference in warm up wouldn't have made a bit of difference if you ask me. And hey, what about you being just days off a 25k race. Now that would have had some impact. I'm sure you would've gone sub 15 mins if not for that.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the outcome of the showdown.