Tuesday, October 18, 2005

12km of Yay :)

It's official. I'm in love with my skins :) beautiful, wonderful things :)

I had such a fab run tonight. Initially thought 5km would suffice, hit 5km, thought perhaps 8km, then 10km came around and I decided to add another two on by extending my usual route. Ran heaps more with less walking than usual and faster too I think - I don't know if it's just the psychological benefit of doing the 25k (or maybe the skins!) but tonight as I was bounding along, I felt like something had finally clicked over in me - some little brain-legs type synapses that was previously lacking or intermittant. Last week when I tried to do the 10km along the same route, I was completely stuffed. Maybe it's all just the endorphins talking!

Was waiting impatiently to cross the lights just down from Garden City, when I see a herd of runners coming up the other side - sure I spotted Karisma! Must've been the River City Runners. Tried to catch them but by the time I'd crossed, they were way off in the distance. C'est la vie! I came happily galumphing home, feeling like a million bucks. Looking forward to friday and the 3k inter-club TT challenge!!!

The lovely Cirque tagged me for the CR Blog game so here we go:

Here are the rules:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or the closest one to it)
4. Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag five other people.

Here's mine:

"The bad news is that despite warming up, stretching etc etc etc, I pulled my right hip flexor in the process :( I think I set my stride too large or something... do excuse my french, but it hurt like a bastard"

*snorks* I'm so uncouth ;)

I tag: anyone who hasn't been tagged and wants to be ;)

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Gee, good to see you have recovered so well from Sunday Hannah. I certainly haven't. That's it, I'm getting me some of those Skins tomorrow!

CJ said...

I have LineBreak which are similar to Skins and I swear by them. I have the long and short versions and both are great!

Isn't it great when you have a really good run and everything just comes together and you feel like you can run forever. I love running!

Katie said...

That is why we run... that forrest gump feeling :) I am so happy for you that things are working for you. I may have to try these skins... they sound great!

Wobbly man said...

Nice run Hannah. Maybe I should investigate these skins...