Saturday, October 22, 2005

15km Brisbane Running Buddies

Went to Running Buddies this morning, did a slow (for them) fast (for me) 15km. Finally ran over the Story Bridge for the first time which I've wanted to do for ages - the hill at the beginning is nasty, but it's worth it just for the view. Lovely.

Got to catch up with Sam (running buddy extrodinaire! *waves*) who I haven't seen for a few weeks, had a good gossip session. I've managed to chafe my chafing from the 25km and it's the first time I've done it to the point where I'm bleeding :( owwww :( It's the hotter weather I think... sweating buckets. Still, a good run and I worked hard, so I feel like it was solid training. I'm delighted to say I think I've also talked Sam into doing the Kurrawa run with me (she's even game to do the second 25k leg, which is apparently nastier!)

Tomorrow is the Bribie Tri, so I might go for a drive up there and watch.

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

Congratulations on the 3k PB.

It certainly has been humid this last week. I found it particularly tough this morning. We needed the rain though but not looking forward to summer when it gets even hotter than this.

Unknown said...

Oh Hannah! I've had the same sort of chafing on a run in heavy rain last year! Almost as painful is getting into a hot shower afterwards!! Hope you've recovered.