Saturday, October 08, 2005

30km or 15km?

Woo - I haven't blogged in almost a week - that must be a record for me!

Apologies for dropping off the face of the planet, I've pretty much had a week from hell.... including a slight near death experience at 100kph on the freeway, when the truck in front of me lost half its load and a wooden packing crate came sailing towards my windscreen. Thankfully, it somehow hit the left support, rather than me. Made an almighty bang though and exploded into the oncoming traffic. I think I took ten years off my life!

Besides my yucky speedwork session, I had a bad week at work and consequently feel a tad stressed... I felt a bit unmotivated and didn't run - squished in a mini session at the gym yesterday which made me feel slightly better.

Still deliberating on which distance to try at Bribie tomorrow... running on sand is bound to be harder so logically I know I probably shouldn't even attempt 30km... on the other hand, the cut off is 10.30am which would give me 4.5 hours to do it in... not that I really want to still be running at 10.30am since it'll be disgustingly hot... and I don't really honestly care if I don't even make the cut off... just be nice to do the distance. Mnnn.... What to do, What to do?

And, sneakily, I'm thinking the extrodinarily slack week I've had might actually function as a good taper if, you know, I did happen to try to do 30km.... wouldn't matter if I tried and failed, either... could always pull out....

Am I nuts?

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Hannah, one of my friends plans to be out there for hours as she run/walks the 15k. Even when running it will be 6 1/2 to 7 minute pace. She's not even going to wear running gear, rather her bikinis and a sarong :-)

Cirque said...

I'm glad you're still with us Hannah.
Are you nuts? Yep, probably, that's why we like you.