Friday, October 21, 2005

3km TT 15.03 (27 second PB)

Just got in from the 3k interclub time trial... sooo much fun! And, I won a random draw prize (pair of aasics socks, hat and water bottle!)

Finished in 15.03 with the lovely, lovely Tesso pacing me - I actually did the first km in 4.40-something! That's my first official sub-five minute k, too! The second went quite well too, though I think it was really the last km that killed me. It rained earlier today and consequently, it was really humid and really hard to breath during the run. My legs were absolutely fine, just the cardo part that I want to work on.

And, even better is that I finally beat Angie, who I've sort of been chasing at the Run Inn for a few months :) *grins* She was a good sport about it though! I hope they have the inter-club thing regularly - if they do, I shall have to get some sneaky 3k practice in... I soooo want to break 15 minutes!

And, on that note, I'm also feeling all fired up again to bump up my training a bit more. Next week I'm going to kick some butt ;) Oh, and seems I am doing the Noosa Tri 10km after all :)

6 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

That's fantastic and isn't a sub 5 min k exciting. Well done and enjoy the socks,etc.

TA

Gronk said...

Yay ! Well done on the PB Hannah !

Katie said...

Woo Hoo!!! Well done on a pb... and enjoy that nice feeling of beating a competitor... nothing like a bit of friendly competition to spur you on!
sub 15 mins is doable...go for it!

Tesso said...

Congrats again Hannah! How much fun was that. I particularly enjoyed mowing down victims :-)

And that first km was 4:48 by the way, well and truly sub 5. Just think how much better you will do next time when you haven't done a 25k race just five days before.

Thanks a heap, you made the run so enjoyable for me. I think I was almost as excited as you were when we crossed the line.

Just hope my team don't boot me out for aiding and abetting the enemy ;-)

Jen said...

Woohoo *cartwheel

Sensational Hannah. Congratulations on a HUGE PB, not to mention your first offical sub-5min kms. Very cool :-)

Ewen said...

Congratulations Bannah! You are becoming a fast runnah.