Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Inspired!

Reading everyone's C2S race reports has gotten me fired up for Noosa on the weekend! I'm also adopting a little bit of a different strategy for it, in that this time round I'm not going to taper to any great degree, or carbo load (which is always a twisted excuse in my mind to eat crap!). Partly because I'm still trying to lose a little bit of weight and partly because I think I feel better psychologically with regular running before a race. Feels more like training (so less pressure). I'm not going to do insanely long runs or track or anything, but I am going to keep my legs turning over and run as I would usually.

The two hour mark is once again looking all glowing and shiny and tempting in my mind though I don't think my training has been good enough lately to do it. It gives me something to day dream about I suppose - I have a little 'mind movie' going on where I'm sprinting towards the finish, watching the numbers tick down and then jumping up and down wildly as I cross the line feeling fantastic. If I actually went sub 2 (or even just 2!) you'd be able to hear me screaming from sydney I think...

That said, whatever time I manage will be fine as long as I enjoy it, but doesn't hurt to dare to dream! I'm also thinking that given my impending trip back to the UK for xmas, I should also make a much more sincere effort to lose weight since you can guarantee I'll be putting it back on while I'm there. So I think this calls for another bout of hardcore training, twice a day. I'm thinking a nice, interesting mix of running, cardio, classes, weights, yoga and swimming. Best of all the weather is getting warmer which always inspires me to be more active. I'm going to start this little regime after Noosa. (weekly plan shall be forthcoming!)

6 comments:

Cirque said...

Hey Hannah - glad you have a plan. Look out, Noosa!!!

Unknown said...

Hannah, enjoy Noosa, (make sure of that!), then Xmas in UK....what more could a person want!

Wobbly man said...

Good luck for Noosa Hannah! You and Owly in the UK for Xmas? Do I smell a CR UK drinks night coming up?

CJ said...

Good luck for Noosa. I'll be listening for that scream!!!!

Ewen said...

Have a good one at Noosa Hannah! Go for a 1:59:59 - that will help keep the concentration levels up. Yes, you must do the City to Surf next year. It's simply the greatest race.

Aki said...

Go for it Hannah, that 10 mile time is making you look good for a 1:59 at least. Keep focused and make yourself believe you can do it and you'll get it this time!