Tuesday, August 09, 2005

10km

Ran 10km tonight and enjoyed it... felt stacks easier than the B2B on sunday and I ran quicker too I think... the first 5km were harder than the second but once I settled into it, I felt like I could've carried on. Soooo good to feel good while running again.

Thankyou all for your comments about being a proper runner and walking breaks and all :) I think the frustration just got the better of me. I've decided just to embrace my walking breaks and adopt an attitude where I'll walk when I need to in training and then aim not to in races (but won't beat myself up if I do have to). All of which is really what I was doing prior to this whole foot debacle and it was working for me then so I'll carry on carrying on and just try not to stress about it all.

The good news is that the podiatrist gave me the all clear yesterday. To celebrate I bought myself a two bottle fuel belt - it's so much more comfortable than one of those water bottle belts - it doesnt bounce and I can also carry my MP3 player, keys, money and my phone if I want. Now I just have to master putting the bottles back without having to stop dead and twist it around!

No comments: