Sunday, August 14, 2005

10 Miles (16.1km) 1:36:45

Got up this morning and headed to the West End. I am sooo happy that it's starting to get warmer! Made it much less difficult to get out of bed and I didn't have to wear eight layers of clothes once I got there! It was all a bit lonely this morning as I think everyone is down in sydney running the C2S. I can't wait to find out how everyone went!

This mornings run was good for me I think as I'd been a bit phased by my last effort in the Bridge to Brisbane. Works out to be bang on six minute pace, so I'm happy enough with that. Makes me feel like I may not be quite as crap at the Noosa Half as I predicted! I'd be happy with 2:10 I think. In fact, anything quicker than the GC (2:15) would be fabulous.

I started out really slowly, took my time. Managed to overtake the woman in front of me, who then over took me shortly thereafter. Quite good fun actually having someone to focus on! Decided not to push things anyway, particularly seeing as the back of my left thigh (the tendon?) started to hurt at about the 13km mark. Stretched it out, so hopefully it will sort itself out.

All in all, a lovely morning. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and all was well :)

3 comments:

Cirque said...

Glad to hear it Hannah. I hope all goes well in the lead up to Noosa.

Robert Song said...

Good to hear that things are back on track for you. Good luck at Noosa.

R2B said...

Good on you Hannah!
Hope you have fun back in the UK and the weather is good.
Cheers R2B