Monday, August 29, 2005

Bring it On!

Bless you all. You're all such a bad, bad influence on me ;) *grins* How I love thee, CR bloggers!

I've decided I will do the 25km at the West End and just treat the initial bootcamp fit test as training. I think I was actually nervous about probably being the last to finish and holding everyone up, too. Not very many slow runners like me seem to do the longer distances there so it's a bit different to doing the 5k or 10k where I know I'm not going to be last. I'm guestimating the 25km is going to take me (at the very least) 2.30. That said, I had a bit of a look at the past 25km events on the websites and there were actually a few people who run similar times to me doing them, so that's reassured me a bit.

So, anyway, I'll do it and then I'll undoubtedly try to remember why it's character building as I am in worlds of pain doing multiple beep test shuttle runs ;) I'm just teasing (except for the pain part!) - no doubt it's not going to be easy, but at the same time It actually sort of appeals to me to see how hard I can push my body and my perception of my physical limits. Guess that's another reason why I got addicted to running in the first place! I must truly be certifiably insane.

Anyway, PT tomorrow. Wait til I tell my trainer what I'm up to! ;) *ROTFLMAO* Bring it on!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I think we are all certifiable Hannah, LOL !! I'm glad to see that you will be doing the 25kms on Sunday - good luck!

Sometimes I think it is much harder to push the (mental) limits and preconceptions that we have about, or impose on, ourselves rather than our physical limits.

Go Hannah Go !!!

J

Tesso said...

Hannah, I'm so excited you are going to have a crack at the 25k! I'm on duty so let me know if I can look after any supplies for you.

And don't worry if you think you'll be out there a while, 2 1/2 hrs is nothing. Last time I did duty it was a 35k race ... now that was a loooong morning.

miners said...

wow - 25km! You haven't also signed up for the Glasshouse 100 behind our backs have you?

Jay said...

Live Blogging the VMAs
Karina Longworth is live blogging the VMAs. This post will update everyt few mintues, and you can snark back in the comments.
I truly was captivated by your blog entry. I would like your comments on my site,
homeschool information.

CJ said...

Good on you! 25km is a good distance and you will be testing your limits. So enjoy! We are a certifiable bunch!

beanz said...

er hannah - you seem to be suffering from spam here


good luck with the 25 km

Wobbly man said...

Good for you H! 25k - its amazing what you can achieve when you set your mind to it!