Thursday, August 11, 2005

Engleesh Winters + slack days

Had another slack day yesterday, naughty me. Still, shall endeavour to run 5km tonight, 10km tomorrow, have saturday as a rest day before doing the 16km at the West end on sunday (10 miles?) Am aiming to do 40km this week total. Have been reading the free fitness mag I got at B2B which has made me feel all motivated again :)

Reading everyone's blogs makes me want to be doing the C2S but alas, my finances won't permit it. Besides, I'm doing Noosa on the 21st. I'm also going back to my native UK for three weeks at xmas, which will be fascinating since it's going to be freezing, freezing cold and a bit of a shock to the system no doubt! I'll take my running gear and everything - maybe I can angle this as another excuse as to why I actually really need to spend $100 on beautiful, beautiful full length skins. They'll keep the cold out you know *cough-cough* hmmm ;) I think I'll have to lose about a million kilograms too, to cope with english xmas food. (no cold meat and salad in sight!) It will of course be lovely to see my english family though :)

6 comments:

miners said...

Ah - I see you've become afflicted with the blogging fan base too (Jen & I have had a couple of interesting ones).

With the cold weather down here, I'm more envious of you running Noosa than you should be of us doing C2S! However, I see you're going to balance it up by generously sacrificing your summer for the northern hemisphere - brrrrr

Chelle said...

Ooooo me too!! Can only afford to go (time and money) for ten days though... Can't wait to have Christmas Day at a reasonable temperature again. I had to cook Turkey for 13 people the other week while it was cold enough to do so!!

Lulu said...

Is nowhere safe from these spammers!

Here's the reason I gave Mr Lulu for buying skins..."well darling, you see they're multi purpose, I can wear them when I'm running, plus I can use them when we fly to the UK instead of horrid flight socks, because of their compression factor"

See now you definitely need them. We don't want you getting a DVT now do we?
I gave up going back to blighty in the winter.. too cold and too much Christmas food. I swear I put on at least 2kgs the minute I land at Heathrow.

Paul Baker said...

As someone who will be back in the UK for christmas for the first time in 5 years I was interested to read your blog. But sreiously whats with all this running - do we need to start a fund to by you a car ? we could have you a nice new bike in a matter of weeks. =D

Have a great xmas in blighty and try to keep out of the rain.

beanz said...

Hannah

come and have a look at www.runnersworld.co.uk forums - meet some runners and find some races whilst you are here at Christmas

beanz - another running blogger

CJ said...

Interesting blog comments you've got there Hannah! Noosa will be great - I'm envious. You can do C2S next year maybe?