Saturday, August 06, 2005

6km + new running stuff!

To celebrate my running-again-ness, I bought some new running gear today - a pair of aasics three quarter length shorts. Ran in them tonight and am sold! I felt like I was naked from the waist down, they're so light and comfy! And, they have a pocket on the back which is really useful. I think I even prefer them to my beloved nike bike pants! Tomorrow I may even go mad and buy a water bottle belt too. I want one that's diagonal, since the straight ones seem to bounce up and down too much.

Went out tonight for an easy run of 6km - slow as slow, with heaps of walking breaks (usually because I run along a main road with about a thousand traffic lights, but it was getting too dark to run on the bike paths. There I was, daydreaming at the next set of lights when who should I see but Run67, riding his bike! Nice to be able to hello and wave though by the time I realised who it was, the lights had changed and he had to take off! The southside seems so empty of runners compared to north brissie and the city. I hardly ever see any around my area and when I do, they never say hi or acknowledge a smile.

Looking forward to the B2B on sunday. Sam is going to run it with me. We're not going for particular times, since there'll be soooo many people on the bridge, it'll no doubt be virtually impossible to move for the first km or so. My back is a bit sore tonight, though I think that's because I did a photoshoot today and it involved a lot of bending and crouching down and hefting of gear. Meh. She'll be right!

I've got my review with the podiatrist on monday which I'm feeling slightly guilty about considering he told me not to run the B2B, and I was only supposed to run the once between appointments, but I think my mental health warranted additional running and it's only been gentle running. I'll finish the week with 31kms which is less than what I was doing before the problems began anyway. Naughty me. It all feels fine though, no pain since, so I'm sure it's all fine :)

2 comments:

CJ said...

Retail therapy - can't beat it! I've got a Fuelbelt water bottle belt and its diagonal - it does make a difference to 'bottle bounce'. Good luck for tomorrow and fingers crossed your foot pulls up ok after it!

Ewen said...

Hannah, did you check that you weren't 'naked from the waist down' when run67 spotted you?

'Running-again-ness' is a good word - I like it! Take it very easy in the B2B and have fun.