Wednesday, April 12, 2006

track

Did track last night. Even though I grunt and groan and complain about it a fair bit, I'm really enjoying it. It makes me wish I'd stopped arsing about months ago and done it regularly. It's come as a bit of a surprise to me that I can actually sprint!

I have this theory that I'm built for comfort not speed in my running... but I'm starting to think I may need to build a little clause into there that says, built for comfort, not for speed - except where competitive spirit kicks in! I really just can't help myself when I see someone between me and within a reasonable distance of the finish line ;)

Anyway, my new job is going really well and I'm enjoying it - unfortunately I had to work tonight and then next wednesday (for the other job!) instead of running with the group, so I'll have to make up for it tomorrow morning (and next week) on my own - but at least I have my music to keep me company now ;) Bring on the iPod nano flavoured goodness ;)

I will be working through all the bank holidays unfortunately, catching up on marking but am intent on doing my best to squish in lots of running and catching up on all your blogs!

3 comments:

R2B said...

Good on you Hannah!
Track is so good for you.And because its short you can put in that extra effort and its over in under half an hour.

I started at about 16 or 17 mins for 3km my last run at the track was 3km in 11:39.

Its kinda like a different speed work and you recover quickly.

Enjoy yourself
R2B

Ps i am starting a new job soon too.

speedygeoff said...

Hannah, a belated thank you for the Team G update; I only just stumbled across it, where was I in February? Anyway I'm glad you liked my giraffe.
I plan to come up & run the Brisbane (Doomben) half, June 4, do you know if other CRs (eg yourself) will be there?

Ewen said...

Keep it up Hannah and your comfortableness will also become speedy.

Enjoying it helps!