Thursday, April 27, 2006

track + lazy 8km

Thanks for all your supportive comments - I think Six Foot is now definitely on the cards! Shane, you're a genius - Kurruwa 50km would be a perfect qualifying race for it - thinking back on how horrific I found the 25km last year and how I swore I'd never do it again - if I can manage the 50km in those temperatures, I think I should be qualified to enter the biggie by the time march rolls around!

It sounds weird, but I think plotting my next adventure post GCM is exactly what I need for a bit of a boost in motivation. I'm over half way through my program for GC and am starting to feel slightly flat from it. Not tired exactly, but not driven as strongly. So this will be a great pick me up.

On tuesday night at track, one of the boys was getting married and so we had a celebratory beer mile for him. I feel like throwing up at the best of times at track, so I watched and ran, rather than drinking beer, eating chips and pizza and then running. It was quite hilarious listening to the results - the burps were so loud I half thought I was running with Tanky ;) After that we watched one of those 30 second marathon videos of one of the Six Foot Survivors - which made me feel even more like throwing up *grins* from omg-what-am-I-thinking nerves.

On wednesday morning I went and ran a very lazy 8km or so. Tonight I think I'll head to the gym and try and do the same on the tready - purely so I can watch 'The Biggest Loser' Finale at the same time!

The weekend is getting closer and the nerves are starting to set in...

6 comments:

Shane said...

I get told that all the time :)

That is great you are looking beyond your next race, it certainly keeps the motivation ticking over.

Enjoy the gym, my money is on Adro.

See you an 1.55 after the gun on sunday :)

TA and the Gnome said...

Hannah, It is easy to start feeling a bit flat half way through the marathon program. (You wait till you don't want to get out of bed because you're feeling too ragged :-)). Have a talk to your coach about mixing it up somehow. I know that when I move on from the endurance phase to stamina, I discovered my enthusiasm all over again. It's just the old "change is as good as" at work again.

Good luck on the weekend.

Gnome

Tesso said...

How good did all the 'Losers' look!!! People rubbish reality TV but that had to have a good influence so many people.

Good luck for Sunday :-)

Chelle said...

Hey - good luck for Sunday, I'm the 2hour pacer now so I hope only to see the back of you :)

Ewen said...

Good luck on Sunday Hannah. Keep as relaxed as possible while sticking with chelle but not ahead! You'll do well... 1 hour, something, something. :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha. The beer mile should be adopted as our national sport! Sounds like it was great fun. :P