Wednesday, April 05, 2006

14km Medium Run

Oh dear, I've been a very bad slack blogger lately - I'm struggling to keep up with everyone's blogs at the moment! Apologies and hope to read all my lovely commenters entries over the weekend! I will have an excuse for that as of next week - I start a new part time job next week, so will be going between that and teaching - will hopefully equate to full time income finally and then I can really put my business to bed :)

Shane asked if I had my retail therapy and bought an ipod/ishuffle for my long runs, but unfortunately, I decided to wait til my next pay since I rather emptied the coffers on running clothes this fortnight ;) But, there will be music coming my way soon. If there isn't I sincerely may go mad!

Oh, and I'm thinking the theory about one calf chafing from running loops at track was spot on! Thanks!

After my long run on saturday and a very late, somewhat drunken night out, I took sunday off. Monday I felt unwell (thought perhaps I was coming down with a bug) so I didn't run. By yesterday I was absolutely chewing the doorframe I was that keen to get out there! LOL! So I drove to track, all ready to kick my own butt and then some terribly inconsiderate thunderstorm started and so there was no speedwork for me. Rain I can handle - lightning no one seems to be game enough for. If I'd bumped into any of the others (who apparently showed, but I missed them) I may have done it anyway ;)

So, tonight I was all set for a big run with the run inn crowd and thankfully no thunder and lightning this time. Bit of rain though. Was interesting running without track actually - good for comparison. Kept up with the middle of the pack much more easily, though I spent the entire run with a stitch in one side, then on the other (too much lunch!) I'm still feeling a bit more speedy which is nice - trying not to get too complacent because as I've said, I'm sure the minute I start hiking my long runs up some more, I'll slow back down!

Everyone keeps commenting to me lately that I'm looking really fit and skinnier ;) Which is lovely of them, but I just can't work out why! My scales say I've lost maybe a kg or two, but nothing noticable. Maybe it's the new gear ;) Having said that, I certainly feel fitter so who knows! It gives me motivation to really work at the weight loss though - if I can't shift it during hardcore trianing, I'm never going to! I wish this whole losing weight thing came more easily to me - I lost 50kgs, why can't I make myself shift another 8kg? It's insane!

Anyways, thinking of doing my long run out at Sandgate on the weekend for a bit of a change of scenery - there's the Sonoma's fun run on too (8km) so if I time myself right, I can join it on as part of the long run.... actually supposed to do 2:40 this week (finally! yay!) so I'll have to run at least 2 hours before that.

Hope you're all doing well! Shall catch up on blogs soon, promise!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

It's hard losing those last few kilos. It seems to go so slowly as I'm finding at the moment and you don't lose weight every week so it's harder to keep motivated. We plod on though!

Tesso said...

Good idea including the fun run as part of your long run Hannah. And you've got the right idea, starting way early and getting the two hours out of the way first. That way you can hang around and join in the post fun run festivities :-)

Good luck with it.

R2B said...

Well those runs are certainly getting longer.
As for the weight don't forget the muscle youv'e put on!
It weighs a lot but doesn't take up much room.