Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Six Foot/Feet under?

PT session yesterday, which has decimated my abs. I think my stomach may never recover! *winces*

Got talking to Tony (trainer) who is a really bad influence on me at the best of times *L* and now I already find myself contemplating what to do after the GCM. I plan to have a few weeks easy to recover, but as I said in one of my last posts, I don't really want to let my long runs slide too much. (Not that I want to run 3 hours every weekend by any stretch, but I'd like to stick with 2 at least)

So now I'm thinking I want another giant, impossible goal to aim for.... the hardest thing I can possibly think of... the thing I doubt I'd ever be able to do (so I can prove to myself I can) *deep breath*.....

I want to do Six Foot.

This leaves me with several things to contemplate. One, being whether it would be good for me to sustain/ramp up training so soon after a marathon.... another being whether they'd let me in, not having run a sub 4 marathon (although, there was the six hour event at caboolture) - The next six foot is in march 07, and I might have to find a marathon to run before then - there's one at Toowoomba I could do. Hills would be advantageous too.

Mnnn. I must be absolutely nuts. Do you think I'm insane? I haven't mentioned the idea to Phil as yet, because I know exactly what he'll say ;) (may have to leave that til after GCM at least!)

Track session, tonight!

7 comments:

Shane said...

That is a good goal, although difficult there is no point setting something that is easily achieved.

However, obviously you need sometime to recover after GCM, would the Kurrawa Run solo be an accepted race for 6ft. Im unsure about the regualtions for that race but it is a good 5 mths for you between long races.

Happy Training :)

Jen said...

If anyone can, you can Hannah. I have no doubt about that....

BTW, you may not have to wait to Warwick to find out what my 2007 goal is. With your declaration, it might be time to make my own. Stay tuned!

2P said...

Wooohooo Hannah - no not nuts - that is an absolutely brilliant goal!!!

Ewen said...

Great goal Hannah. You'll love it.

Re the 4hr requirement, if you go close at GC (sub 4:15ish) and ask nicely, Kevin may let you in.

There are 'easy' qualifying races you can do... the easiest is Mt Wilson to Bilpin (NSW). A qualifying time at this is equivalent to a 4:30+ marathon, plus it's only 35km with a lot of downhill. I would do one of these races rather than trying another sub-4 road marathon after GC.

Tesso said...

6ft Track - go for it Hannah!!!!

As the guys have said you may well qualify with some other race if you don't do so at the GC.

Cirque said...

Looks like I'm going to have to start saving my pennies for a trip to the Blue Mountains!

R2B said...

Thats an awesome goal Hannah!
It's my goal/fantasy too!
As Ewen suggested previously i am going to attempt qualification via the Mt Wilson to Bilpin race aka Willy to Billy.
Once again thats a top goal and something to test and expand your reality.
You can do it!!

R2B