Sunday, April 23, 2006

3:40 Long Run (oops!) and a Trophy!

Yesterday I went out to do my longest run yet, 3:00 hours. I woke up at 5am, then somehow managed to reset my alarm clock to 6am in my sleep! I woke up an hour later and realised what I'd done. I almost stayed in bed and resolved to run today instead, but last night was The Run Inn Xmas Party, so I knew there'd be no chance of me getting up any earlier this morning!

Consequently, by the time I arrived at the Regatta and started running it was 7am and I wasn't looking forward to the hotter weather. Plus, as I ran down the first 5km stretch of the bike path, I kept seeing everyone else on their return leg! Lots and lots of people out there in preparation for the Brisbane Marathon next weekend. It made for a nice, pumped up pre-race atmosphere, anyway!

Last week, MJ showed me the way to get down to Breakfast Creek, so I headed out there. This time, even though I knew it would take me over my 3 hours a little, I ran the extra bit to the hotel because I could see the clock tower and I felt sooooo much better than last week at the 15km mark! I was probably a little too cocky for my own good though, since by 20km, I was starting to feel it.

On the way back, I realised that everything looks a whole lot different and consequently somehow managed to take a wrong turn through Hamilton and got lost. First time that's happened to me on a run and not a very nice feeling!!! The markets were also on at the Powerhouse (en-route) so by the time I had found my way back to where I should have been and fought my way through the markets again, I was about twenty minutes later than I should've been. After the 3 hour mark came and went and I was still 5km or so away, there were also a few more walk breaks!

I rolled back into the Regatta with a 3:40 total run.

Oops!

On the one hand it was interesting because I compared it to how I felt at Caboolture at the 3:30 mark, where I was walking a lot more and realised I felt a lot better. But I have to say I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to pull up for track on tuesday and whether I'll be recovered for the half on sunday! I told Phil about my adventure and he said not to worry, so I suppose I'll just take things as they come. There's always the Queensland Half for breaking 2 if it doesn't happen this time.

Last night was the Run Inn Xmas party and was heaps of fun with over 100 people attending. Even more of a surprise was that I won the club 'Encouragement' Award! My first trophy! *grins* It was so lovely of them, and such a surprise! It's going to have pride of place somewhere prominent!!!

8 comments:

Lulu said...

How exciting to have a trophy and well deserved too! I hope you recover ok from your adventure. 3 hours 40 mins is a very loooong run :)

Cirque said...

If anyone deserves the trophy you do Hannah!

Aki said...

3:40 is huge, I couldn't do it!!!

Congrats on this great effort, and also on the trophy, good to see you around a bit more. :)

Is it next week your half is on?

Chelle said...

Wow, 3.40 is massive, with that sort of training behind you that sub 2hour should be easy next week AND I promise not to get you lost as well :)

Shane said...

A much deserved trophy I must say, you also deserve a medal for running 3.40, that is huge.

Good luck with your preparation for next weekend if I dont see you before then.

Clairie said...

3:40....I have never run that long in all my life. Rock on sister!

Congrats on the trophy. Very well deserved and couldn't have gone to a better or more fitting person.

Tesso said...

Oh Hannah, that is wonderful about the trophy! You sooooo deserve it. Phil must be so proud of what you are doing and what you are going to do in the future. We all are :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

Come on. We want a photo of you and the trophy. Congrats on the run. I hope you're still walking today :-)

Gnome