Saturday, April 15, 2006

2:50 Long Run

On thursday I compensated for missing my usual group run and went out for a 15km run alone. Ran near my house and it made me realise I run a bloody lot further in 1:30 these days! LOL! Got all the way down past the QE2 athletics stadium and half way to McGregor. Quite bizarre! *L*

Did a verrrryyyy hard very long 2:50 this morning. All I can say is THANKYOU MJ!!!!! She caught up with me and decided to run the whole way with me. Not only that, but she showed me how to join onto the next section of bikepath that runs from new farm out to the gateway bridge. By 2:30 I was starting to struggle and there were a few walk breaks. But I made it!

I have to say I am absolutely stuffed though - was away with the fairies when we finally got back to the regatta. But brekkie and a full fat coke with Tess, Clairie, Nick, Liz et al. soon fixed that. My legs are incredibly sore. I think we ran the distance a bit faster than I would run on my own (which happens when you have company no doubt!) so that's prolly why I'm feeling it!

Tess, I must've been hallucinating when I told you my iPod Nano was $100 - I was thinking of the shuffle I nearly bought - it was actually $219 for a 1GB nano. I think I'm in denial (or rather, my credit card is!) LOL! Lovely to see you gals for brekkie and hear canberra stories, too :)

7 comments:

Tesso said...

Nice to see you too Hannah. And I must say you are looking more and more athletic every day!

Love your new iPod :-) Though the prices have now dropped my 1gb shuffle cost me $229 so you have done well.

Robert Song said...

Good training run. Only 11 weeks now till the Gold Coast! Hope you are counting down the long runs.

R2B said...

Jeez thats a long run. I can't wait to build up to that when im healed again! How far did you cover,I'm guessing 30 odd km?
Training seems to be going well.

Cheers R2B

Shane said...

Great effort Hannah, last time I remember reading about your long runs you were doing 2.30 going onto 2.40, you are progressing well.

How good is full leaded coke after a run, it seems to fix me up aswell. Good to hear that you bought your Ipod that should fix the boredom of the long solo runs.

Eagle said...

The training looks very solid and it was a looooong run. Will be running the Brisbane marathon and hope to see you.

Lulu said...

That's a great run Hannah! Your training sounds like it is going really well; especially now you've your ipod for company.

Ewen said...

I guess that's a problem with becoming faster. Nice problem though.