Wednesday, February 08, 2006

sore hip

First run after the big M today.... yesterday I think I actually felt better than today! My right hip is really sore - I think I've sprained/pulled something so I took a couple of anti inflammatories :( I can't work out why it only started hurting today though?

Tonight, I ran with the beginners and did a very gentle 5 or 6kms with walk breaks. I'm not rushing things til my hip feels better. Might hit the pool for a few days instead. Oh, did I mention a certain lovely man and I are going to learn to surf on saturday? I'm so excited ;)

9 comments:

Shane said...

A little late but congratulations on the Caboolture run, WOW 43+km, you done an awesome job out there, it was great event with alot of inspirational people.

Take it easy with the hip, the pool will be great. Enjoy the Surfing :)

Tesso said...

Wise move taking it easy Hannah, after all you ran a marathon ... and then some!

Have fun on Saturday :-)

Lulu said...

Take it easy with the hip Hannah. I find if I get hip pain it's normally tight glutes so you could try rolling on a tennis ball on your glutes and see if that eases it.

Enjoy the surfing and we want a full report!

RunDave said...

VDOMS - Very delayed onset muscle soreness perhaps?

Clairie said...

My right hip hurts too!!!

I am going to see if I can get it massaged or something today.

Bloody going around in circles does it to you!!!

2P said...

One good thing about endurance events Hannah - you get your weekly mileage done in one go - no need to run again for the week ;-)

Enjoy the surfing - how excitement :-)

Cirque said...

Maybe you should ask the certain lovely man to massage your glutes while you're there?

;)

R2B said...

Sounds like a good idea to take it easy for a while you don't want to exaccerbate anything.

Unknown said...

Surfing? what a nice change from running & so much easier on the legs...not to mention hips! Hope that problem goes away soon, Hannah. Also congrats. big time on your effort at Caboolture!