Sunday, February 05, 2006

Day One of the Wobble Assault ;) (mine, not wobblys!)

Vegie girl took this awesome pic of me and Tess - I think it's my favourite running photo so far - made all the more amusing by the fact that Tess is going so fast, she's a blur! LOL! We really must try and get a nice CR gals pic one day, with us all together, running :)

Yesterday, I felt pretty exhausted and the same thing today... my foot is getting better though, which has to be good (was having nightmares about what the podiatrist might say) my hips are pretty stiff and sore and everyone at the evil temp job was giving me strange looks for limping around the office.

I'm still feeling all happy and bouncy - if I wasn't so sore, I'd be out there running right now. Best to have a bit of a rest though I think - tomorrow I've got PT, then on wednesday I'll go to running group and see how I fare.

Another thing I think I got out of the race was a renewed desire to drop the extra weight... I'm naturally so much more chunky than everyone else, but I just *know* that a big part of the secret to getting my times down, is to be lighter. We all know I've been harping on for forever about doing it and somehow I just haven't gotten there yet.. but I think perhaps the fact that I surprised myself this weekend might be the extra bit of motivation I need... If I can do it being overweight and undertrained, how would I go if I was the right weight and had the miles in my legs? *LOL* I think I'll start with small goals - not weight targets, but races and TTs ;) Today was therefore Day One of the Wobble Assault.

I've got three events, three sundays in a row this month - on the 12th, the BRRC 10 mile, on the 19th, the Bribie Tri (planning for the short one, but you never know!) and on the 26th the BRRC 20k. Oh, and there's a 5km TT on the 25th, too. I'm loving this time of year - everything is really just grinding into full swing and there's so many great events to run :)

8 comments:

Cirque said...

I'm glad you've pulled up OK Hannah. Good luck with your foot. C1 is doing Bribie too, so we'll see you there.

BTW - I think I've stuffed up the spreadsheet with your lap times on it. I just realised that I didn't convert the minute/second numbers so they're probably showing as decimals. I'll fix it as soon as I have time to have a proper look.

Aki said...

Such a full schedule, good luck on your wobble assault!

CJ said...

Well done Hannah - that was a an awesome distance you did. I can't believe you're talking about PT tomorrow and then running group on Wednesday!

Looking forward to reading your progress on the Wobble Assault - you can do it!

Wobbly man said...

A "wobble" assualt? Why do I feel a bit unwanted....? Congrats on your huge weekend efforts Hannah!

Unknown said...

What a huge effort, Hannah! You, & all the other runners, inspire me so much for getting in there & giving it your best...I must do it!

miners said...

Love the photo too Hannah - and wonderful to see you still smiling. Congratulations on the huge night on the weekend - and for the goals that you're STILL setting yourself in the upcoming weeks. There's really no stopping you at all is there?

And as for the weight loss, the photo is evidence enough that you're looking fantastic :)

Eagle said...

Love the photo and the wonderful smile. Congratulations on a huuuuuge effort and a very pleasing result. Keep focused on your goals and I know you will achieve as you have achieved them in the past.Keep the wonderful Blogg entries up as usual.

2P said...

Nice photo - lol someone should also tell Tesso that the shortest way around a track is to run on the inside!

Glad you have pulled up well and are in such a positive frame of mind. Good on you Hannah!