Saturday, February 18, 2006

swim and bike

Since wednesday nights pathetic run, I decided it would be wise to do some cross training and not run til sunday, when I'll do the mini tri and follow it with my long run (I'll get to do it at Bribie, which is always beautiful - love running on the beach!) I think I feel a bit better for it, too :)

So on thursday, I went and swam. My right shoulder is still funny from surfing - I think I may have pulled something because when I pull on the stroke, it hurts down the whole arm. I'm sure it'll come right though, so I didn't push things too much. it's the first time in ages that i've swum in the gym pool which is indoors, 20m and disgustingly warm. I forgot how irritating turning around every 20m is (particularly if you're me and can't roll!)

Yesterday (friday) I went for a bike ride. I have to admit I haven't ridden since before xmas, so that was a slight shock to the system too! LOL! While I was riding I realised the run distance is longer on this tri, so I'm not going to be able to better my time from the last tri anyway. In a way, that's quite good because it allieviates some of the pressure I put on myself. Looking forward to it though, it's such a nice morning!

No comments: