Tuesday, February 21, 2006

blahhh

I'm fighting the feeling that everything is falling apart today. Yes, rubbish I know and I keep telling myself that. Didn't do the long run I was supposed to do on sunday, took monday as a rest day and now I appear to be coming down with a cold :( My throat is sore and I feel fatigued.

After eating more carbs, I'm up one kilogram again (but still down one in the big picture) but aside from this virus, feel like I've got more energy. I'm taking some vitamin C tablets so hopefully that'll knock the bug on the head. Blah.

YESTERDAY: rest day
TONIGHT: track
WEDS: medium long run
THURS: PT session (weights)
FRI: swim/bike
SAT: 5km TT
SUN: LSR 2:10 (going to run the 20k at BRRC and add on whatever is extra)

I'm not going to get sick. I'm not! I refuse! LOL!

9 comments:

Tesso said...

I'm thinking of incorporatiing the BRRC 20k on Sunday into my long run as well.

Take it easy Hannah and get well!

Random Psychologist said...

Hey,

I am with u on the crap feeling! On the plus side it will go away and the benefits of rest are amazing :)

Feel better :)

Clairie said...

Hannah hannah hannah, take it easy girlfriend.

Relax get over the flu symptoms and then come fly with us.

Actually you should be making sure you have good iron levels. Because iron deficiency can come across as the cold symptoms.

Stephen Lacey said...

Hannah, as your blog banner says, "it is about the journey..." What would a jouney be without a few bumps along the way? Perhaps even temporary road blocks or diversions. OK, enough bad analogies, just get into the habit of controlling what you can control (eat properly, stick to your schedule) and not stressing about the things you can't (colds, injury, family/work demands). In the end you'll get to where you are going, it just may not always be in a straight line.

CJ said...

Ease off a little bit and see if that helps - nothing worse than getting sick and all that good work going to waste. What I think is extremely unfair is all the work, time and effort you put in to get fit, and how easily and quickly you can lose it!

2P said...

Keep up the flu zero tolerance policy - that kind of attitude works (and having a bit of a rest doesn't hurt either).

:-)

Ewen said...

Take it easy until you're feeling 100%. Well, at least 90%.

Thanks for doing that blogger update at short notice. For a graphic designer you make a good writer Hannah.

Tamyka Bell said...

You're a good girl for resting when run down. Too many people don't do it and then moan about having a cold they just can't shake. Rest up and your body rewards you!

Aki said...

Fight the lurgy, fight the lurgy...
Took time off last week and cut the long run into half, the best thing I could have done. :)