Thursday, January 12, 2006

feeling hot, hot, hot!

Another picture! This one is Exmoor, one of the wildest parts of the UK. My sister took me for a drive there when I stayed with her. Beautiful place, but again, soooo cold!

Last night was my first night back at running club - great to catch up with some familiar faces. My legs were so sore from PT that I went with the easier group again - not that it was that much eiaser - we did about 7km of hills! This week seems to have a bit of a hills theme actually, as tonight I went out and ran 5km of hills on my own.

I got a heart rate monitor for xmas and tonight was the first time I attempted to use it -the instructions are so hard to follow! Apparently, I was working at 78% of max effort, which doesnt seem like much... must read up on what I'm supposed to be doing! Am starting to feel a bit better when I run now which is good - starting to get a grip on my holiday blow out! Still trying to shift my extra spare tire though, but I'll get there!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Another great pic Hannah!

At least two bloggers, Steve L and Robert Song, train with HRMs and may be able to offer you some advice. Both have helped me.

Toasty said...

Well done on getting back into the running. Like Tesso said, great picture.

Shane said...

Good to hear that you are getting back into the training.

The level that your worked out at last night is probably the highest you want to go for aerobic benefits, a couple percent higher and you will hit another training zone that is not very relevant for types of runs you do. If you remain around the 140 - 160 bpm for most runs on average excluding speed sessions etc you will definently improve your health and fitness.

Nice picture by the way, happy training. :)

Unknown said...

Love the p[ic Hannah! Reminds me of driving through that part of the UK several years ago...I loved it!

What monitor did you get for Xmas, Hannah? I always train/run with a HR monitor : 60%-70% would be for recovery runs; 70-80% Aerobic (i.e.most runs); 80-90% Anaerobic (tempo runs,Time Trials etc.); 90%
& over (intervals only). So you were within the correct range after all! Enjoy the new toy - I love mine!