Thursday, January 19, 2006

8k run instead of track :(

So I made it back to track tonight. Unfortunately, it was so wet, there was no track, so instead everyone decided we should go for a little run. I almost backed out because I'm really tired from work and all the running I've been doing this week. Not to mention the effort that last night took! I knew I'd be slow, my legs were immensely heavy and I walked a lot. I wanted to hug the ground and cry several times. I doubt I'd have been any good at track even if it had been on in this state, but I was a bit disappointed. I'm now sitting on 42k for the week (a marathon!) so if I can squish another 8km out of myself on saturday, I shall be one happy gal!

Last night I broke the strap on my HRM wrist watch too *grumps* I'm going to have to get it fixed now before I can use it again. Might give me the impetus to actually read the instructions this time ;)

Am having fun inputting my training plan into my computer. Applemacs have this great thing called iCal, which rocks immensely since you can colour code everything, print it out, save it as pdfs and everything. I might upload my plan for each month in my blog as a jpg.

Thinking about doing my own private six hour stint on a treadmill at the gym. If that doesn't drive me insane, nothing will, but it's the only way I can think of to run that long, alone, without it being dark (and dangerous for single female runner) or way too hot to run. If I did it on a sunday for a long run, I could even start at a reasonable hour and finish at one too. Plus, anyone who is a fitness first member in Bris and felt like popping in to say hi or even run a little way with me, could. At least I'll also have the tvs to keep it a little bit more interesting!

Also contemplating doing the Brisbane Marathon as a training run for the GCM... no time in mind for that one, just curious to get a feel for the distance and gauge where I am in the scheme of things by that point.

Still trying to catch up on blogs! This weekend, promise!

5 comments:

miners said...

Yay - Brissy Marathon should mark my return to 42.2 as well. We can keep each other company on the trip round the river!

2P said...

Six hours on a treadmill!!!!???? Sheesh ;-)

Tesso said...

Oh Hannah, I just love your attitude - one minute you are talking about hugging the ground and crying and then you talk about doing 6 hours on treadmill and the Brisbane Marathon!

Well done on the mileage so far this week. Go the 50k!!!

Lulu said...

6 hours on a treadmill.. yikes that would be truly hard work. The good thing would be that you could stop and have a bite to eat and a drink whenever you felt like it though so it might be quite good.

I wait with baited breath (what the #$% does that mean anyway??)

Cirque said...

I love the way you consider doing a marathon as a 'training run'.
Why do you want to do the six hour run on your own?