Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Crash Bang....

I must apologise for being so grumpy/down/generally absent in the last couple of weeks. The reason being that I've been going through a bit of a tough time... the result of which has meant that on sunday, I finally closed my business down :(

I'm still a bit shell shocked over it all, since it was three years of absolute blood sweat and tears to get it up and running, but in the end, I think I just had to admit to myself that even though I have limits and I can't do everything, all of the time. The stress and the hours were just 24/7 and no one can exist like that for the long term. Not quite sure what's next on the agenda for me, other than teaching at uni for another semester - I'm going to use that time to think through my options.

Have discovered I can enter the 6 hour race, if I fax through my entry form tomorrow... I just have to try and organise someone to count laps for me, which I shall hopefully manage tomorrow, when I'm at run club.

Onwards and Upwards, Team!

9 comments:

Cirque said...

Hannah, that's a big decision but I am absolutely sure that you wouldn't have made it unless it was the right one. It's time for you to look after you for a change and there will be so many exciting things ahead for you.

I've been holding off suggesting this because I'm trying to fit in with the cirquelets' plans but if you get stuck for a lap counter let me know because I may be able to help. I'd hate you to miss out!

2P said...

One chapter closes another unfolds (or words to that effect) - sorry to hear about the business Hannah but it sounds like the right decision.

Ooooo the Six Hour - now that is exciting ;-)

Tesso said...

Oh Hannah, what a shame about the business after all that hard work, but I suppose you have to to draw the line somewhere. At least the uni students will have the benefit of your knowledge for a little longer.

On to happier things I'm just sooooo excited you are going to be at Caboolture, or have I said that to you once or twice already.

Make sure you have an easy few days in the lead up. No running over Mt Coot-tha on Saturday morning now!!!!

Wobbly man said...

It sounds like you have made the right decision Hannah but I am sure deep inside you already know that. Every cloud....

Stephen Lacey said...

The blood sweat and tears didn't just grow the business; they also grew you. The experience will stand you in good stead for whatever you take on next.

You don't seem at all daunted by the six hour race. I would be. Go get 'em!

Lulu said...

I run my own business so I can imagine how you must feel. Stephen is right though, you will have gained much experience and wisdom from the whole process. There is bound to be something bigger and better out there for someone so talented as you.

Very excited to hear about your 6 hour race; now that is a challenge and one no doubt you will rise to!

miners said...

Can't wait to see how the Hannah and Cirque team go on the weekend! Are you going to wear your purple tri-suit too?

I'm also really sad to hear things didn't work out as well you hoped with the business - as with the comments above, you now have the mental fortitude to chase other options anyway - and rest assured, you have so much talent in that particular field. I always enjoyed checking the new additions to your site. All the best Hannah

R2B said...

As one door closes another always opens...Have fun on your 6hr run, I wish i was up to that level!
Cheers R2B

TA and the Gnome said...

I am so glad I have a part of Hannah's history. I love my business design and so does everyone who sees it. You are a talented, creative person who will find the right thing that uses your gifts. Take the time and make good choices.

TA