Saturday, January 21, 2006

60km for week!

Picked Tracey up this morning for Mount Cootha. Somewhere along the line, I think we'd gotten our wires crossed since she thought we were only doing a section of it - I'd told her the loop from Slaughter Falls is 10km, which it is - I just forgot to tell her we would run from the Regatta which makes it 15km. I don't think she was very impressed actually *L* but she ran better than me! That girl really underestimates herself! Mt Cootha still has me beaten (mostly due to this weeks efforts) but not for long, dammit!

Oh, and Rejoice, for after all my whinging and moaning about having no running buddies to actually run with, I may have found myself a Marathon buddy to do long slow runs with! Lisa (CR VegieGirl) is also doing the GCM - I had thought she was quicker than me, but I'm not complaining! (Thanks, Running Gods! I remain your humble servant!)

When we finished Mt Cootha, I realised I'd done 57kms for the week total and was mightily tempted to do another 3kms (with much egging on from Tesso!) so when I got home, I did go out and do another 3kms, although it took me forever because I was sooooo tired. But it meant I ran 60kms this week.

60 KMS! *insert jerry springer dance, cartwheels, much whooping, cheering and general get-down-with-my-bad-self here*

Can't believe it - happened by accident really, too! Tomorrow shall be a rest day and next week will be a bit easier. Next saturday is my first 5km TT of the year. Time to start putting some speed on in my effort to drop my 5km times down. I haven't run a 5km for ages (march last year?) so it'll be fascinating to see if I've improved at all.

Oh, and I'm pleased to announce that I've now dropped my 3kg xmas spare tire :) three weeks on, three weeks coming off! Wahoo!

8 comments:

Cirque said...

That's really good Hannah - the 60k and the 3kg. You deserve a rest day tomorrow.

Shane said...

Hey Hananh, just got your reply on my blog, I was meaning to tell you I was the Shane leaving comments on your blog when we were out at the track, but forgot. You were probably thinking who is this weirdo :)

Well done for the 60K week and weight loss, your hard work has really paid off. Awesome! Enjoy your rest day :)

Lulu said...

60kms and 3 kgs is very nice work! Well done Hannah.. onwards and upwards from here!

Tesso said...

Fantastic stuff Hannah!!!

Sorry for talking you into doing that extra 3k, but with that 60k week dangling in front of you, ever so close, I got a bit excited.

Enjoy your rest day, and your easier week. You've earned it :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

You beat me to it Hannah!. Tomorrow, all going well, will complete my first ever 60km week. Pipped at the post :-)

Congratulations.

sfG

Ewen said...

Put a number of those 60k weeks together and you'll be running well Hannah. Good luck in the 5k!

2P said...

Wow and throw in a marching band too Hannah you deserve it - 60k is a huge week!

Aki said...

Holy cow you're upping that mileage, how do you do a 60km week anyway? Congrats.