Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mount Cootha 1:50

Yesterday I met Sam and Jill for the usual run up Mount Cootha. It's been a while since I did the regatta loop and so I was a bit worried I would have to walk the entire thing or that I would have to turn back.

I did a fair amount of walking, perhaps four bursts. Half way up I bumped into Deb from BRRC and we ran the rest of the way together which was good. Nice to have some company for the hills. Then she turned down a different road and I ran past Tori with her Tri squad on their way up.

I got back to the Regatta and found I'd run it in 1:50, which is exactly the time I do when I run the whole thing without stopping. Very bizarre. I must have been running quicker when I did run, or walking faster or something but I was just happy not to have taken three hours! My foot hurts a bit after it - sore to wiggle my big toe up or down. I think hills agravate it.

After the run, I met the girls back for Breakfast and Schultzy rocked up after a run and joined us. Last night, I had my art exhibition opening which went fairly well I think. Loads of people came which was nice, including the lovely Tesso. The show is up for almost a month though, so I think some people will look at it during the coming weeks.

This morning, I met Sam and we went for a walk through the park near where the both of us live. My hips were a bit stiff from Cootha, but nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be. I've got the next two weeks off from work so I'm planning to catch up on lots of blogs, read, eat, sleep and run a lot.

2 comments:

undercover brother said...

so what are your glasshouse plans?

Cirque said...

I couldn't come to the opening because it was Owen's 21st but I checked it out the next day! Wish I could have been there the night before though!